Reaching out to dealerships

After doing the research and configuring your ideal lease, what information do you provide when calling/ emailing dealerships? Do you just include target terms, DAS and monthly payment? Is it better to include RV ,MF, estimated fees, etc? Not sure how to handle the next part of the process and trying to see if others have suggestions on the best way to proceed. If there is already a post with instructions please point me in that direction.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Found by searching the terms ā€˜make offerā€™:

Good luck!

2 Likes

struggle studying GIF

5 Likes

My advise is tell the dealers the outputs of your calculations. Just tell them the payment and das over the phone to make a deal. It will be much easier for everyone involved. Just make sure your numbers are on point @Rayme

3 Likes

Also

3 Likes

What car are you looking to lease? Based on your research on this site, what pre-incentive discount have you seen on the car?

Once you are armed with all the relevant info such as MF, RV and incentives, ran your numbers with your target discount. Given current market conditions, be prepared for sticker shock.

Take a look at some of the posts referenced for more detailed info.

FWIW - thereā€™s a thread about ā€œdealers not providing quotes by emailā€ you may want to read that as well just to get an idea where to draw the line & may be what not to do.

2 Likes

Usually simplest to make your offer stated as monthly + DAS.

But run it by the folks here first.

1 Like

Tell ā€˜em exactly what you looking for? Send the money factor as well and the incentives you qualify for? Rv is always set so you donā€™t need to send that . Depends on company too. A company like Toyota or Honda probably wonā€™t negotiate anything

I would not recommend doing so in your first email. Before this shortage, some dealers gave a bigger discount off MSRP, but slighter marked up the MF. When I was negotiating my lease in early May, the dealer just did that. I took the deal since the total lease cost was much lower than other dealers.

At the end of the day, as long as the dealer meets or is close to your target DAS and monthly, it does not matter how they get there.

2 Likes

Either tell them payment/das or give them absolutely everything. There is no middle ground.

Payment/das will work just fine for most scenarios.

5 Likes

Step 1. Just ignore everything ever posted by @Jaskaran_Singh

8 Likes

Iā€™m not always wrong. If you give everything to the dealer thereā€™s no time wasted

I disagree. Many dealers donā€™t want things micromanaged like that, and wonā€™t entertain the offer. Also, their pricing models may be able to get to your end price in another way, so youā€™re shoehorning yourself into a corner.

That, and most people donā€™t actually give everything accurately.

2 Likes

How often does a dealer actaully give the customer exactly what they are looking for ?

I used this email and got a 330e last month at 10% off, this is close to what @mllcb42 advocates and it also had worked in the past. But this time I had to cast a much wider net, and also had help from another hacker who gave very accurate discount information. This has been debated multiple times, just Drive off and monthly and do not mention money factor to dealers.

Hi XXXX,

I am interested in your 330e ABCDEFG12345 MSRP $47355 at 10k/36 mo. I qualify for loyalty, penfed, and just got an OL code at UDE. I also like to put down MSDs.

If you can do $2600 drive off at $390(pre-tax) I can sign this weekend.

Thank you for your time,

6 Likes

If you are not a jack a$$ and know your numbers, it has been my experience that dealers are more inclined to work with you and say YES to an offer.

As a buyer, you want to make the transaction as easy as possible for the dealer.

1 Like

You guys must be 3x my age the way yā€™all get serious and discuss things :thinking:

Most every lease I have signed or set up for others has been exactly what I asked for, because I was very mindful with what I asked for.

2 Likes

Beats me. I have no idea what your personal lease situation is, what rav4s are going for right now, etc.

As with all questions like that, the place to start is by putting together a target deal for the vehicle so you have a comparison point.

1 Like