Wording Emails for the Deal? [How To Negotiate]

:rofl: don’t waste time with them… they’re there to screen prospects and to do the grunt work weeding out the tire kickers. Find the SM or ISM…

2 Likes

Thanks for the inputs guys.

I’m finally communicating with a sales rep, I guess the coordinator wasn’t really good at figuring out that I wasn’t just another tire kicker.

I’m currently at 11.2% off on a 2020 Honda Odyssey Elite. I’m trying to push for more since it’s an out going model.

Know when to stop, there’s no point in dragging negotiations out for an entire month. Try and get as much as you can of course, but realize at one point, dealers going to have to say no.

2 Likes

I have been trying to get in touch with some dealers, mainly their lead salesmen, or even a normal one.

However, I have had trouble actually getting a conversation with them. Submitting a request on the car page only brings bots emailing me high prices, and the models on the chatheads do the same. The dealers call, and I prefer not to talk, since I need to take my time to check the numbers. The meet the staff page rarely has emails, and when they did, the email wasn’t set up.

How do you guys initiate conversation with people who can actually process your offers?

The BDC models only take info and then refer you to someone else, who never gets in touch. What is your experience?

What am I doing wrong?

Google: internet sales manager email address [insert name of dealership here].

I just googled it with ten different car brands in my area and was able to get direct email addresses for all of them. I’d avoid spending the time drafting an email unless you can get their direct email address. Here’s the email I’d suggest you write after getting that email address (spoiler alert, it landed me this car for this deal about 12 hours after I wrote it).

Hi [first name of internet sales manager],
I’m wondering if you’re gunning for clearing out your 2020s? If so, I’d love to do a 36 month, 10k mile a year lease on the 2020 M340i you have on the lot (stock #L8B44299). I have first tier credit, qualify for $1000 loyalty and $500 lease to lease (turned in BMW end of October 2019 VIN #WBA8E9G54GNU30666). So with the $1000 lease cash/credit (total $2,500 untaxed incentives) if you can add 10% off the $62,570 MSRP, that would get us to $611/month (including tax in my zip code 94066) with $2,345 Drive-offs. I’m using this month’s residual and money factor from BMW FS of 58% and .00082 respectively. I would also need the car delivered to my house. I know this is a very tall order. Can you make it happen? If so, we will pay the Drive-offs and sign immediately.

5 Likes

I’d get in contact with the best mystery car broker, :mage:‍♂ :crystal_ball:

3 Likes

I usually submit the “get more information” form for a particular car. After some bots and emails, I eventually get someone’s contact info and then I have a better idea of if the dealer would play ball. I also do submit inquires to 10-15 dealerships, and end up with 3-4 that i actually start talking to more.

3 Likes

When all else fails, an inquiry through TrueCar usually gets the internet sales manager in contact

2 Likes

This is what I did recently and it worked well. You usually get an internet sales manager. Sometimes you get a salesperson. But many times the sales manager will send you a separate email.

If a dealer can’t figure out how to get pricing to a customer who is asking for pricing, what do you think the odds are that they are going to offer a LH worthy deal?

Also, if you don’t want to talk on the phone, don’t give them your phone number.

1 Like

In regards to starting the process of contacting dealers are there any email templates out there that people like me to use and maybe change it up when need be, thank you in advance for any help.

You’re making it too complicated.

Tell them what stock number you’re making an offer on, what your offer is, and when you can be there to take delivery. Be polite

3 Likes

So the first person to answer says that, " I am making it too complicated " oh yea, thanks buddy

WhAt’S pOliTe?

1 Like

I think the email I sent to the dealer I picked my car up was 3 sentences. Just make sure you use proper grammar.

"
I am interested in X. I can come sign if you an do $Y discount with base MF (MF) before incentives, also qualify for Z incentives (z amount), would want these applied on top. Interested in a 36/12 lease. "

4 Likes

Now this makes sense, thank you!

Yes definitely don’t send anything long-winded. Just get to the point so I can either make a sale, a counter-offer, or close you out.

3 Likes

Hi folks, first time lessee here and appreciate some advice.

I’m talking to a dealer about a lightly used GLB 35 (3k miles) that has exactly the options I was looking for. Original MSRP was $67645, sale price is quoted at $63995 on their website. I mailed and asked for a lease quote assuming 36/10 with 5 MSDs (I live in San Francisco). The dealer quoted me $799 + tax via email. I tried setting up the deal in the Leasehackr calculator and got to $722 monthly pre-tax.

I’m wondering what my next steps should be? Should I ask the dealer for particular information? A formal quote? I think I want to first understand how he got to the $799 figure and then see if I can negotiate it down?

Thanks for any advice!

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

With a target established, just make them an offer. No need to ask the dealer how much they want you to pay first.

3 Likes

Happy Friday!

So I need to get this new lease by next week. Forgive me for my ignorance and perhaps a basic question but what is the best way to try and get a great deal.

I was going to select my car of choice, put only inceptions down, then email the internet managers.

Is this what you’d do or what advise would you give me to successfully get a good deal.