Range Rover Sport & Full Size Reservations & Ordering

@AutoCompanion had you like this at the JLR dealer :rofl:

6 Likes

Havenā€™t been too keen on the last couple of RR models but this new one is a thing of pure beauty! :heart_eyes:

Was offered one in NY at sticker todayā€¦ passed on it.

Definitely a signal of whats to come.

Please do not contact me on it.

1 Like

One on the ground or an order? An order at sticker is not challenging at all - the problem then is the wait. On the ground at sticker for a LWB / V8 / ATB - thatā€™s a different story and if you find that then yes thatā€™s impressive

On the ground

@autocompanionā€¦.got an A8 from you last year, very pleased.

Have a chance to buy a P530 SWB (V8) from a friend that doesnā€™t like it for MSRP ($122k,600 miles). What is your best guess for value in 9 months to a year? Will I lose my shirt?

itā€™s already here.

3 Likes

Its not here yet (at least in full affect)ā€¦ they are still auctioning for 20k+ over

A V8 / 7 seater / etc?

no - itā€™s here. most of the heavy stuff is going no sale.

Its a 23 full sizeā€¦ if I give more detail someone will hound every NY/NJ dealer trying to find it and flip it lol.

4 Likes

Fair enough - I just think the 6 cyl full-size was at sticker already - Iā€™ve seen a few show up over the last month from a few ships that people were able to get at sticker. Not super easy to find but doable. But agree with the overall point - market is adjusting / correcting and all signs are pointing to it just continuing (obviously depends on your perspective on whether or not thatā€™s a good thing)

I would pickup any v8 full size at sticker or slightly above on the ground today.

@aronchi is correct that a number of these are going no sale. They are headed south.

1 Like

I have no idea with regards to 9 months from now. Personally I wouldnā€™t pick one up below sticker to keep.

That was my instinct.

Thx.

Flipping is dead. I would take a G Wagon over the RR for keeps. Much better resale long term. Think traditional precovid market and RR resale values are horrendous.

For now I will keep to my wonderful Highlander Hybrid. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I guarantee there is at least a few people already calling every dealer on the East Coast after your post.

4 Likes

There is still a weird situation though - MB is pumping out G63s left and right at the moment - itā€™s reasonably easy to score an allocation very soon. LR canā€™t get their act together and said they canā€™t produce any more RR LWBs for the rest of MY 23 (and V8s are also significantly constrained). That may make the RR (LWB) actually hold its value better than a G63 (at least until LR stars pumping them out again). I wouldnā€™t gamble on this but was something I thought about given I have the RR V8 LWB (we can come back to this in a few months and see how massively wrong I am/was!). Though - since itā€™s a family car etc I know Iā€™ll take a nice bath either way when I want to get rid of it in a year or 2 or 3 (max).

1 Like

Donā€™t forget the massive tax amount associated with this car. If you can get it out the door at MSRP with taxes included I would be open to keeping it for over a year.

Offering invoice, cash, when they have a DCU check in their pocket

2 Likes