Random Jeep chatter

I think I might have just talked a salesman (“floor guy” as you guys call them) out of his job lol. He told me he is fed up and transferring to another dealership.

All started with I’m questioning him what’s up with the dealer discount not applied for a GC lease. I had confirmed the numbers with a sales manager prior, then he was asked to send me the price sheet. He had no idea but insisted it only applies to purchase.

At this point I realize this is one of those dealerships so I politely said goodbye. A hour or so later he called me saying that he went for another manager and got a different answer, that the discount should apply. It took 2nd one manager a long time only to send him a price sheet without the discount anyways. He didn’t bother sending it to me and is now mad why they can’t honor what they advertised.

I’m not sure how serious he is, he even showed me a screen shot of him telling his thought to his SO. LMAO! I’ve never encountered anything like this and I hope he does what’s best for him.

Oh BTW he says he is thinking to go to Kia, probably under the same franchise. Bless his heart.

1 Like

Oh sweet child…

Anyone have any luck getting lease payments covered through the jeep wave program when a jeep is off the road with a warranty problem for an extended period of time?

Personally, no, but i have heard of it happening.

1 Like

So today while driving down the highway both my soft top rear windows flew off the Jeep. I’ve heard of this happening and I’m always careful to make sure they are on correctly. I was able to drive back and recover one, one was in many pieces. My suspicions are that someone was trying to get into the car overnight, and tried to get in by taking parts of the top off. I don’t keep any valuables in the car but it was full of miscellaneous business supplies, mostly boxes. (There are always posts on next door/ring/Facebook are daily that people try to break into cars in the neighborhood.) does anyone have any recommendations of where to get a replacement? Quadratec and mopar are both $400ish for the window with the plastic pieces. Bestop offers just the twill and window without the plastic, but I need the plastic.

A buddy of mine Jeep collection. The tire themselves are about half of me. One of them coated with Kevlar and another with steel fenders. The one in the middle is a rare Jeep LJ

Edit: the red one at the end is a JK but has the same HEMI V8 as the Wrangler 392

6 Likes

New ‘22 GC 4xE at idle makes these sounds that sound like a small engine rev like every 30 seconds, normal ? @mllcb42

Maybe the engine generator?

1 Like

Can explain more? It does it even while on e-save or when I’m at a red light

I think it’s trying to top off the 15% reserve battery charge by running the engine. It happens during driving all the time and ‘could’ happen at idle too. Based on my experience with Wrangle 4XE. You will notice that during those ‘top off’ engine runs, the revs are at some fixed RPM, probably some optimum rev number to produce max electric charge at minimum gas consumption.

3 Likes

$1000 offer is popping up for me again if anyone needs help. Probably jinxed myself but let me know if you need one.

2 Likes

What’s the latest on 2024 GC 4xe? Are they expected in the next couple months?

Anyone else have rubbing/squeaking noises develop in their sky one touch? After about 1 year and 10k or mileage lots of chatter on the front passenger side area. Dealership confirmed and said it’s a fairly common issue they have been repairing on sky one touch. When I asked will the same thing develop on the driver side he mentioned they typically only see it on the passenger side. Dealership did a good job, the sound is completely gone and judging by the dust they found some dirt roads to yet it on :joy:. The bumpier the road the more pronounced the noise was. They mentioned using some sort of felt tape. It took them a day and a half to repair. It appears they put everything together correctly, no leaks after rain and the one touch is operating smoothly.

Anyone else having issues pulling window stickers from Jeep.com? Haven’t been able to past couple days.

Yes, I couldn’t pull it. Thought it was because of the inventory I was looking for…

2 Likes

Yes a known issue for the past week or so.

1 Like

No news that i have seen

When 2024 392 production starting?

Same with Ram theast couple days

Worked today following other LH post via new car inventory and then GC 4xe.