Random Jeep chatter

@Clutch might be able to help close to CA with something in-stock. But even shipping from far away you still end up ahead.

Surprising in the NE with dealers who directly compete with the discounters they’re still including mandatory LoJack and nitrogen tires on top of MSRP while the inventory piles up.

1 Like

You are right, I do have a Tesla MY and the electric vs gas (comparing fuel vs charging cost only) only are phenomenal. Can imagine the 4xe when used in electric only would literally not use any fuel at all for short trips under ideal conditions (not stepping on the throttle too hard etc.). Btw, yes, I did notice the slight lag in acceleration or hesitation when you step on it, even in the short test drives that I had. My test drives were mostly on the Wrangler Unlimited 4xe trims.

I’d have to order from Clutch and I think the CA incentives aren’t guaranteed depending on ship date.

It irks me that local dealers have all this inventory and don’t want to deal… gonna end up with surplus inventory like chip makers.

So the GC Base 4xe doesn’t have a tow reciever, I don’t need to tow, just mount a bike rack. I remember seeing some cheaper bolt-ons for that, is there one for the 4xe?

Haven’t got one yet to check if there is a place to add one.

Yah, you can bolt one on. Its a more involve process, but doable. The harness is the bigger pain.

1 Like

82219040AA Receiver
82216041AC 7-way Harness

Did anyone get CARB rebate for leasing from a CARB state dealer but living in a Non-CARB state? I’m talking about a funded contract.

@mllcb42 you mentioned this as a rumor.

I called it a rumor because i havent seen a contract yet verifying it.

The source of the “rumor” was someone at Jeep Corporate that i was talking to specifically about incentives. So not exactly a random source.

I referred it as a “rumor” not to put any blame on you :slight_smile:

I have no doubt on your credibility.

Just wanted to clarify the source. No offense taken.

Is this rebate only on GCs? What about Wranglers?

It was in the context of any of the specifically labeled carb state incentives

Sat in a MY24 Rubicon at the Jeep Beach event today. Didn’t even realize it was a 24 until they pointed some things out. Reps said they were going to arriving mid/late summer.

Has anyone had any experience lifting their 4xe? I’m hearing mixed reviews

The Rubicon’s come with a factory lift. I believe there are many guys on the forum, who have went with larger wheels and a larger lift. IIRC the primary concern is verifying that you were was intended for the 4xe (as they are heavier than a traditional gasser).

Please note that if you are leasing, there is a fair chance that you would have to reverse any major mods prior to returning the vehicle to Jeep. Obviously, if you were to sell to a third party you could be fine.

Yes I am aware of the all the warnings. I’ve talked to some that have lifted their 4xes in my area and they all have mixed reviews. There’s one in my neighborhood that added the Xtreme Recon package to his Rubi 4xe. Just looking for more data points.

All the 4xes are the same lift amount

What’s your cars current status? I ordered on April 20th, and it said it was in production May 2nd and KZ- Vehicle built as of May 4th. Does KZ mean the car is fully done? ( If yes isnt that crazy fast?) And do you know how long it takes to be delivered to dealership?

Thanks for your help

Mine is still in C - order confirmed. No progress.

Might be because i ordered rocky mountain pearl.

Never drove a GC before… was worried about complaints about the 4xe hybrid engine transitioning from ICE to EV and back but seems fine to us.

Ride is way smoother than our Y and easier to drive than the Silverado 1500 we had.