Random Jeep chatter

Grand cherokee would be a much better choice for a family hauler.

Gas mileage is a difficult topic with a phev as its very use case dependent.

On a long trip, expect roughly similar gas mileage to the significantly less powerful v6. Basically, youre getting an extra 100 hp and 200 ft lbs with no economy penalty on the highway. On short trips, you get the electric benefit which will save significantly more fuel.

5 Likes

Where are you getting this from?

The sources rates actually pull from have been updating as of yesterday. I am confirming with some folks at jeep corporate

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Yeah the GC 4xe seems like the logical and more comfortable choice here. Also, going by your comment, seems like you are using mostly only your electric range :slight_smile:

Agreed. Fair enough. Yup the GC would be much more comfortable. And agree on the BHP vs mileage compromise.

Its a discussion that gets lost a lot in the comparison. People will say “well this gets slightly worse mileage on the highway than the gas version” and completely ignore that theyre not comparing similar performing powertrains.

The 4xe gets great highway mileage if you compare it against the v8 options, for example.

More bizarreness… edmunds is still showing 7500

1 Like

If they are reducing the lease credit… who has the leverage here?

Say it doesn’t kick in until 5/1, do the buyers have an advantage because they can tell dealers that they need to deal by this weekend or else their units will be harder to sell because of less incentives or does the dealer say well you better get it before 5/1 or you lose $3750?

Based on my current conversations, pretty sure the dealers will always think the latter. The people I have been talking to just don’t seem motivated enough to discount the GC 4xes.

One of my contacts asked their rep who not only said it’s still in effect but that he hadn’t heard that it was going away for leases.

CCAP is usually proactive to change their intranet docs which still say 7500 and the fact that the jeep website has the discount as well tells me that we probably have until 5/1

Having said that, there are multiple dealers ready to sell in-stock GC 4xe and Wrangler 4xe for 7-8% off invoice right now if we do only have a few days.

I’ve had the Wrangler 4xe and JGC 4xe. If you have a family of 4 and/or with kids seat, the JGC will be a more comfortable ride. If you drive locally under 25 miles daily, the 4xe will save you tons of gas when charged.

For the same lease payments, JGC V6 v 4xe, I would opt to get the 4xe b/c of the savings in gas and powertrain. However, there is a slight delay in the 4xe powertrain when you step on it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t tell them anything one way or another. Just present your best offer and/or ask them to do the same. Most of these stores operate under the assumption that they’ll be able to find someone dumb enough to put into the seat of anything, regardless of incentives. Why are Wagoneers not being heavily discounted yet?

1 Like

I keep it in hybrid mode when I drive. I’ve found that in city driving it’s mostly using the electric motor but the gas motor will kick on if I need to accelerate up a hill or from a dead stop. It also tends to kick on when going above 60ish mph. The mpg calculator seems to be calculating only when the gas motor kicks on, but most often the electric motor is also running with the gas motor. Hence why I’m at 40 mpg.

Another thing to note is I’ve been using it in sport mode and gunning it everywhere, so I’m definitely kicking the gas motor on more often. I could probably do better on mpg without that, but where’s the fun in that?

Mitch at Ourisman said $7500 is good through 5/1, had his GM and rep confirm.

They’re doing 6% off invoice on anything on the lot (used to be 8% off but had to be on the lot 30 days, about a dozen Gc and 27 Wrangler) and they’re getting slammed with inquiries so he’s trying to get help. Gupton was at 7% off in-stock and sold most of what they have.

https://www.ourismanchryslerdodgejeep.net/searchnew.aspx?Dealership=Ourisman+Chrysler+Dodge+Jeep+Ram+Clarksville&instock=1&q=4xe

I sign on another one today or early tomorrow so I’ll know when it comes back.

Ourisman was 7% off invoice on GC 4xes, but with their marked up MF the lease payment was equivalent to less than 6% off MSRP.

I ordered at 8% with them and even with markup mine is 331 a month on a base.

I mean if you can get something better before 5/2 have at it. I’m surprised how few dealers have wanted to deal on these or Wranglers, especially locally.

A GC!?! I’m assuming a Wrangler.

The greater discount and marked up MF definitely helps with flipping too. Just pointing out that the marked up MF on the GC ate up a huge portion of the discount.

Base would suggest gc. Im guessing an early order before price increases, etc

I see now he said he ordered too. Makes much more sense.

Yeah an ordered 22 base. So there’s 2k+ in a comparable 23 base pricing.

SoCal must be very stingy.

Everyone either won’t budge very much off MSRP or has stupid ADMs so their discount amounts to almost nothing because the nitrogen or safety brake light add-on eats it all.