Random Jeep chatter

I’d echo some of the other’s sentiments here. Sometimes an extended test drive is needed to make sure the code clears or that the light or message doesn’t re-appear. A service manager or some higher up will take a customer’s vehicle home for the night to make sure whatever issue they are having doesn’t pop up again when the vehicle is “cold.” They should have informed you of their plans and asked your permission 1st. You said the “Vehicle has been driven 40+ miles and is located in another city at somebodies home.” Is the city where it is located in a bad neighborhood? I don’t know the geographic layout of Albuquerque, NM and its surrounding cities (other than “I should have taken a left turn…”)

For instance, if it was in New Jersey and I saw the Jeep was parked at in Upper Saddle River then sure, the GM took it home. If it in Newark, then it’s most likely on a container ship on the way to Ivory Coast.

2 Likes

Great point! I think the shock has warn off a bit and it makes sense diagnosis-wise. I hope that’s the case and they have a solid diagnosis to go off of for a fix. It’s parked in the burbs and ultimately probably a better neighborhood than where I live but Albuquerque is super mixed when it comes to crime and safety. I think my biggest problem is having had very little communication from the dealership from the get go and a heads up or check-in that my car would be driven off-site 40+ miles and at a private residence overnight. All communication has been on my end asking for info. As far as I’ve been told the problem, fix, and status of drivability is still unknown. It’s a brand new lease and my very first so I’ve been picky of my own mother dropping a crumb inside :joy:

If you have another car, head over to the burbs and find out directly what the story is. It’s your car after all.

2 Likes

Service Manager called me this morning. Spouted off a code number, tech took it home bc it needed to be driven 50 miles, communication break down on their end, and said he’d keep me posted on an update. Glad it wasn’t stolen and hopefully there’s a fix for whatever issue prompted the Engine Warning Light… Fingers Crossed :slight_smile:

5 Likes

2 Likes

5 Likes

Both Gobi Sahara and Glad giving me stiffies.

1 Like

By Day 4 Jeep has accumulated 60 miles and dealership says they are waiting on “Star People” for guidance on a pump/cell they believe is the issue. The manager provided a Rental Jeep for the weekend - or until fixed. The rental can seat 4 but is a 2 door soft top -so not ideal for wedding week moving/hosting/etc. Hoping these “star people” and the dealership can provide more answers come by Day 8 and beyond. I think we’ve come to an understanding - if driven offsite I should be kept in the loop and it’s ridiculous that a 2022 Jeep with 1030 miles when I dropped it off already has a check engine light. Can’t wait to make another payment on a vehicle that has been drivable for a total of 47 days while in my possession. Did I get a lemon [image]

@TheSmoke09 is this your old Rubi?

5 Likes

Noooo, but that’s a baddie.

I miss my 392. :frowning:

3 Likes

That’s one of 13 :hot_face:

Are there only 13 Gobi Rubi Xrs in the :evergreen_tree:?

1 Like

I wonder if anyone outside of this circle cares. I keep sounding like a broken record, but here I go again: the Xr fell flat on its face this Summer. I imagine some GM trying to buy this thing and lowball/offering like $79k for it.

:pensive:

That moved quick

5 Likes

As much as I love the cash I kind of wish these had a longer stay in my driveway.

Also talked to my delivery driver. Has been really slow lately which is probably how I got $400 for dc to MA on the Rubi and $800 for Gupton to MA

4 Likes

anyone use Chapman lately? I had a good experience last year but I am sending a friend who wants to order and was wondering if they are still doing good by the customer. Giving base MF and including incentives and rebate

Haven’t heard from anyone using them lately, their discount is likely pretty shitty now.
I used them for 3 Jeeps and they were fine with me, but others have run into some issues with them.

Just signed with Chapman
3% off invoice
Base mf
595 acquisition fee
Sign and drive

Honestly if your friend really wants this order from gupton
Bigger discount
Chapman can play games anytime

What you order now a trx?

1 Like