Chapman actually leased it :joy:

1 Like

Is it 23? Or end of year 22?

23 production ain’t starting til maybe November/December

1 Like

You’re gonna flip it?

Nick Jonas Flip GIF by NBC

1 Like

Why are you even asking? You know the answer.

Did anyone else notice a price hike on the 2023 Grand Cherokee L 4X4 altitude?

base MSRP for non white car went up from 50,295 to 51,495

Hoping someone can make sense of this… though I’m assuming it’s just Stellantis being Stellantis.

Ordered my GC 4xe end of July, scheduled/D1 a week after order then early September says in production. Gets stuck in production for the entire month of September but delivery date says 10/19 Then last week they update the delivery date to 10/12. I think great it’s on it’s way, let’s sell that MachE to Carvana and make room in the driveway. Then Monday the tracker updates to November 8th… and it’s still in production (Paint stage apparently)

I think somethings amiss and I go into Jeep chat and ask for insight, they of course have none, but I ask them to set up a case and escalate it to see what’s up.

I get an email today from FCA saying it hasn’t entered the build process yet, with a new VON that begins in the letter C and when I put that into the tracker… same VIN but no delivery date and it’s back to D1.

Has anyone had anything remotely like this happen seemingly going into the build process? My dealer saw the same updates that it was “on the assembly line” even reaching out to me before I saw tracker updates.

Random Question. With 2 4xe’s incoming. Who has bought outdoor mounted charging stations? I seem to remember someone recommending Juicebox. But I can’t remember it’s been so long ago. I’m definitely going to need to hook one up outside

If you get a lot of weather, grizzle offers the best weather resistance/highest ip rated evse.

Otherwise, most all of them are rated for outdoor use.

Emporia is the best value unit available currently. Id go with it over a juicebox, unless your utility company gives incentives for juiceboxes (some do).

1 Like

I’m also seeing lots of weirdness. Dealer reached out saying they were on the way and then backtracked to say in production. Now my Summit is showing built but delivery in November and the overland is showing just entered production.

Question for selling. My Jeep is registered and has plates. The lease has been funded as it shows up on my CCAP account. I checked with Caravana and ALGO (for shits & giggles). They can’t find my VIN or License Plate. Should I wait a few more days for it to show up in their system?

FYI, no surprise Farrish is no longer doing sign and drive for leases as they’re getting hit with chargebacks on the early buyouts. That’s probably the real explanation as to why you can’t do sign and drive at Gupton or Koons if they have to eat the cost in first 90 days. But I will say really nice people to deal with overall.

2 Likes

I doubt anyone has flipped from there, since they barely taken delivery
Farish just not stupid, they got the heads up :joy:

1 Like

it’ll likely never show up until way down the road. better to work with local dealers.

1 Like

Some Saharas are starting to pop up…no rubis. All west coast thus far

2 Likes

Is anybody else shopping their '23 Rubicon 4Xe? I’ve spoken to quite a few UCM today who all gave me a similar answer; “There isn’t any data on the car. It is too new.” Most have offered nothing. 2 have offered me my buyout. 1 place said they’d pay off the lease and give me a check for $1,000. Should I wait a few weeks?

Jeep dealers who don’t have any on their lot or inbound are probably your best bet. They might be gun-shy if they’re awash in Saharas but they know the value more than a UCM staring down MMR.

I’m having service issues with my 22’ Rubi 4XE. When driving in all electric mode, it seems to randomly kick me out of that mode and says “electric mode temporarily unavailable”. It’s hit and miss. Too to dealer. They couldn’t recreate and sent back to me. Occurred on my way home. Took it back. Same thing. Had a video of it happening. They are still saying they can’t recreate and telling me that sometimes electric mode drops to keep it from overheating.

I’m not happy. I have a hybrid Jeep and electric mode only works half the time. Jeep dealer not helpful and at this point being rude.

Anyone have similar issues? Do I have any recourse at all?

There are a number of reasons that electric mode may be unavailable by design. There are also problems that could be causing it when its not supposed to happen. What circumstances is it happening under?

Are you getting a message about fuel oil refresh mode or cabin cooling or heating at the same time?