Random Jeep chatter

That would be great, have a Gobi Rubicon ordered.

Unfortunately I have been trying to place a 392 order with them for awhile. I too was trying to work something out because they are closer than the other dealers.

1 Like

I ordered a hard top with the idea we’d take the top off for the entire summer (never rains here and will garage it). And maybe the doors, too. Basically treat it like a street legal golf cart for three months or so. Can you do that with the SOT ? Aren’t you stuck with the folded umbrella look in the back 1/4 of the Jeep roof?

Sounds like you live in the perfect climate for the traditional hard top. You are correct you are stuck with the folded umbrella look and the rear hatch glass cannot be removed. I saw a YouTube video of someone fully removing the SOT however I would not have confidence this was intended to come apart and I would question it would go back together with the same tolerances and integrity. SOT is an awesome compromise between the soft and hard top but does have the trade off of unable to go full naked.

You can remove the SOT but lazy me will never do it, and I’m sure 99% of SOT owners won’t either. The removable hardtop might make sense for those that have a hoist and want to waste time removing, storing, getting stuck in bad weather, etc. It may never rain where someone lives, until they have no top on and they are100 miles from home.

Rubicon, SOT, both safety, steel bumpers, black grille, trail cam, leather, cold weather, tow, mopar hinge gate reinforcement, all weather mats

1 Like

Dealer: what options do you want?

jdub10: yes

11 Likes

This is my third Wrangler and 5th Jeep. I didn’t want to regret not having certain options like I did on my last two. I’m just ready for the thing to be built, I’m selling my raptor in the next couple of weeks and driving my wife’s GCL in the meantime.

2 Likes

Did you see a sarge green sahara with saddle interior and SOT hanging out anywhere?

Are you going to take delivery now?

truck is picking it up tomorrow

2 Likes

How long until the truck hauls it off after delivery? :rofl:

3 Likes

I’ll probably wait at least until it gets plates :rofl:

2 Likes

You ordered from darcars?

Yah, it’s parked on the opposite side of the building from your photo

1 Like

And on the same lot is also my white sahara with saddle brown interior and sot. Also, scheduled to be picked up by truck tomorrow. :smile:

PS: does uconnect allow you to that precisely identify the location of your vehicle?? :hushed:

I’ve used uconnect to track the location of the vehicle, while it was on the back of the shipping truck, and watched it go by traffic cameras to see if the transport truck would fit in my neighborhood or not :joy:

3 Likes

uconnect should consider hiring you for their product team :joy:

This :point_up:
:grin:

2 Likes