Random Jeep chatter

Probably talking about the
wHy dIdNt yOu fIlL mY gAs TanK pErSoN :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

How were you able to link uconnect to the vehicle? I’ve tried on an inbound grand Cherokee and it says I need to give it permission by hitting an option on the screen.

1 Like

Dealer set it up every time. I never had to do anything other than tell them the email address linked to my mopar.com account.

Mind you, this is after i have signed paperwork and am waiting for shipment from the dealer to my house, not shipment to the dealer.

1 Like

No unfortunately I didn’t get a 392 order placed.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the headlight and foglamp housing is black like the HA or if it’s silver like the sahara?

HA gets gloss black surrounds, sahara gets silver, rubicon gets matte black

season 6 GIF

I sent this company a few questions they claim 3 year warranty even though not UL certified. I havent found anything which is honestly and trying to avoid 2K for a longer run…

https://www.evseadapters.com/returns-warranty/

So their “40 amp” extension cord is made with 8 gauge wiring. If you were installing wiring to support a 40 amp evse, youd use 6 gauge minimum as youd be sizing for a 50 amp circuit aince its a 40 amp continuous load. Especially after you factor in the extra voltage drop from the longer run, etc.

If youre going to use one of their cables, bare minimum up rate from their suggestions (i.e. at least use the 40 amp version for the 32 amp peak for the 4xe) and do t use the cable on anything that charges at a higher rate (or better yet, limit your evse to no more than 32 amp.

2 Likes

this is the questions i asked if the cable could be customized.

I actually did just find one that is UL certified (weird they call it approved and not certified per se) and looks like they do custom lengths.

http://www.umc-j1772.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=119

Not weird at all. Theyre buying cable raw stock that itself meets ul standards for the cable and then creating an assembly out of it. The assembly itself is not ul certified/tested/etc.

A lot of the chinese companies do this with their evses that they claim “ul compliance” or something similar on… they use individual components that are ul certified and then pass that off as the actual unit is ul certified.

1 Like

Ah, I see. Good information and thanks for the input. I will keep looking.

don’t feel bad. i smacked into the exact same morass of word salad designations a few months ago. its a bit of a minefield out there.

Day 1 - Mine was delivered early yesterday and I put a 100 miles on it. Took backroads to the beach and then the highway back. The SOT was the right move.

Day 2 - Now, only if I could get the Jeep to move. It’s blocking the other car in my driveway and is dead. The key fob didn’t work and when I got into the cabin I saw it has no juice. Started a roadside ticket through Mopar at 6:40 AM, forty five minutes have passed and the only three updates I’ve gotten are apologies for the delay with no human to speak too.

I got this to Jeep to keep. If issues with this service persist I’ll be joining the flip club.

Have seen this once or twice where the battery cables for the 12v battery were loose. Also worth checking all the fuses are fully seated.

2 Likes

Battery is snug.

Fuses needed a nice push to get set.

Still dead and almost two hours in with no response from Mopar roadside.

Any chance you left something on overnight and drained the battery? This screams dead/disconnected 12v battery.

100% chance this happened. Two little kiddos in the backseat playing with the new toy and turning things on and off, while I am doing the same up front.

Roadside said they tried to find someone and couldn’t, because it’s a Sunday. Then thanked me for my patience as they escalated the ticket. I asked to be left on hold as they did so and got “disconnected”. Called back a minute later and someone is already assigned. If support isn’t available 10 minutes from Downtown Los Angeles I am concerned to see what it looks like elsewhere.

Sad that Mopar is setup to open a ticket yourself and then proceed to berate the call center employees to get it escalated.

Roadside came three hours later and jumped the battery. Good news, I can see no one in my family left anything on to drain the battery. Bad news, its still dead and I saw an alert for the plug in battery. The electric battery charging faults appear to have drained the 12v. The charging cable has yellow and red alerts. Roadside support tech is gone and my jumped battery is now dead again and a window was left down.

Anyone else deal with this that found a solution?