Random Jeep chatter

No public transportation? Try wanderu.com for all public transportation options

1 Like

Not a bad idea! I could also float down the Colorado River since it goes through this town on a Unicorn floaty.

1 Like

Texas and public transportation aren’t words that tend to go well together haha. I do see a few buses going down there but they are all going to Houston.

Trainhopping an option, but BYOT (Thunderbird).

1 Like

I’ve taken 100+ mile Uber trips several times now. Drivers are not forced to accept your trip if they don’t want to. The cost that Uber charges you will include dead head back for the driver to compensate them for the return trip. If you feel inclined, tip the driver in cash when you get in.

One time, my flight to DC was diverted to Richmond after midnight. My option was to spend the night at a hotel and fly out the next day, rent a car and drive, or take Uber. I asked the Uber driver when he picked me up if he was up for it and I would tip him $100. He made $250 on that trip.

1 Like

Picked up a trx a couple months ago from dan cummins. Took a one way car rental from my house to the Lexington airport to drop off rental and planned on taking uber to the dealer. To my surprise, it took almost 30 min to get picked up and the driver refused to take me to dan cummins since he said he would lose money. I am a good tipper but it all happened so fast i got out of his car. Waited another 30 min for the next uber and tipped the guy 25.00. So i learned the hard way you can be denied a ride.

uber penalizes them if they decline a ride i believe

Just beware that truck drivers are often not on time to say the least. You might be spending half your day or worse waiting around for the truck.

1 Like

Picked up my Sahara 4xe on 5/4, drove it for (almost) 2 weeks. Tried to drive it yesterday and was unable to shift it out of park. Getting a “service charging system” warning. Tried to do a little research on this and it seems to be a common problem that people are having trouble getting corrected.

Anyone have similar issues, suggestions on what steps to take, or any info on what needs to be fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Ctrl-Alt-Del

9 Likes

Yeah lol, that is exactly what I was thinking. The timing of that most likely is not going to go like one would assume. I would put money on it.

Savage Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

4 Likes

True, but luckily not dealing with great distance. I’d wait till truck is on the road before requesting the uber.

Yeah and I mean I’ll be tracking their movement and leaving based on that. Once I see them at 45 minutes and under then I’ll actually leave myself. Basically just hedge that nothing catastrophic will happen. If stuff goes downhill I’ll just rent a U-Haul in this small town. I already reserved the van online just in case this morning.

Looking to start a program for the LH Fam.

Wheel and Tire protection at any point in time for cars less than 10 years old.

Can you guys poll?

1 Like

Chapman has ignored all 3 emails i’ve sent them last week regarding where the hell my plates are. Boutta call them today.

They about to ignore your calls too :sob::sob::sob:

When I emailed their title lady she replied within the hour no games with her
Everyone else tho :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

I did email their title lady, lmao

Patty is on vacation this week.

1 Like

Nice. That’s pretty high amount for dealer to accept on credit card.