Random Jeep chatter

Put it on the Celtics
They are free money today :melting_face:

3 Likes

(5) Saharas since Rubi is locked up?

1 Like

Not sure I agree with Horford and Smart being out.

Ahhh didn’t see that Smart was out
+155 +4

While you’re waiting for those 5, use tread lightly to get 2 in stock :joy::joy:

1 Like

Just curious - is this Westport lol.
Property tax should be due around December, even for lease vehicles.
I would just go to the DMV and get plates. You can pay sales tax there if applicable.

Yes. I do live at Westport. :joy:

That’s what I wanted to do, but can’t register the vehicle at DMV without car owner’s property taxes or assessment provided there. That’s what the dmv told me.

Did you own a car before in the state of MO? If not, you could get a statement of non-assessment.

If you register yourself, make sure you bring POA from CCAP. I have used the DMV in North KC, and they are pretty good. They should understand how everything works. I registered my out of state lease from there, but I had a statement of non-assessment. Prop tax bill was due 12/31 as expected.

If you are finding that everything is too much of a hassle, see if Missouri License and Title will do it for you. Missouri License & Title

They used to charge $20 and would go to the courthouse and DMV and do all paperwork. You just need to provide POA from CCAP.

Just ordered 4th 4Xe ( 2 rubi’s, 2 Sahara’s) since I found this place, just wanna say thanks everyone!! Also have in garage that huge TRX but hopefully not for long!!

9 Likes

Hey so great news everyone. I get to save money on the shipping cost of my jeep from the dealer BUT in order to meet the dealer at their max 250 mile range I will have to Uber 60 miles. Does anyone know if that is a crappy ride to accept for someone doing Uber? I figure it will cost me about 100 dollars plus a very generous tip. Compared to shipping which will probably be 450+ at this rate it seems worth it.

you can probably get a bus/train ticket for under 20 bucks if you want to save every penny you can

Honestly I was fine paying the first couple of shipping bids but the issue is that its gone up three times through the dealer and no one has accepted. The other issue is that this is kinda of a weird spot of TX between Austin and Houston. So options are getting slim since I need to get the vehicle before I go to a wedding in a week. I figure since its the same distance as going to San Antonio that maybe uber would be my best option with a generous tip.

You can put both addresses in Uber & Lyft and see the estimate. You don’t have to guess anything. Wouldn’t they deliver an additional 60 miles if you give their truck driver $100?

2 Likes

I checked today between Uber and Lyft and it seemed like both were roughly 85-90. I asked if they could just go slightly beyond the range but it didn’t seem to gain any traction. I am exactly 300 miles away so this is a very weird position to be in. I don’t mind meeting them just I’ve never done a longer Uber/Lyft trip before so I am not sure if there will be any issues requesting a ride! I’d assume the big issues is they make money off of me on the way there but then its a dead drive back to Austin for them.

I’ve done probably 6ish 80+ mile uber trips. They wouldn’t take it if wasn’t beneficial. Tip decently and you’ll be more than fine

1 Like

That’s good to know! Yeah never done a longer trip before and since this will be saving me some money I plan on giving a generous tip that can cover their trip driving back plus more. Thank you everyone!!

Check to see if it’s possible to get a one way car rental, some times you luck out

I legit looked at this option this morning before considering putting someone through an hour car ride of small talk but this town has no rental agencies. NOW what it does have is a U-Haul. So I could have rented a U-Haul and driven it down but that seems so beyond crazy to do LOL.

Be brave! Put on your Daisy Dukes and thumb a ride.

2 Likes