Random Jeep chatter

Friend paid $700 from TN to NYC this week.

1 Like

1 Like

Beat part of that conversation was scott confirming that the HA seats are nappa

I understand we need folks like that to make LH worthy deals happen, but damn!

If you’re picking up from TN (and can afford the time) I would fly in/drive back every time. Stay a couple of nights, have some drinks & food on Broadway, and drive back. The entire trip is paid for and it’s a good weekend getaway.

Granted, Nashville to home is only around 12/13 hours…but if it were much further than that, I would potentially look into shipping.

Took my new Gobi off-roading. Had right around 190 miles when I got there. Lol. The 33’s aren’t big enough…

6 Likes

Finally got mine! I realized that the charger plugs into a regular outlet. I recently moved into a house that has a car charger outlet in the garage. I assumed that’s what I would plug the Jeep into .

Is that probably for a level 2 charger or something? I know nothing about these things, obviously. I saw chargers like Juice box for $600, but do I need all that if I already have it in the garage? Or do I just need a “cable” instead, if that’s even a thing?

Take a photo of whats in your garage

4xe comes with a 110v charger.

You need to get your own Level 2 wall box to use your NEMA 14-50 plug in your garage. I have a Juicebox Pro 40 myself and they are pretty great

1 Like

As @instantfob said, thats a nema 14-50 240v outlet. That’ll allow you to use up to a 40 amp evse for level 2 charging.

Personslly, Id go with the Emporia unit, but there are lots of good options.

There are also lots of really crappy options on Amazon/other places. Many have counterfeit certifications and risk severe damage to the jeep, so be mindful of what you get.

Under absolutely no circumstances should you buy the unit from Mustart on amazon.

1 Like

The $57.7k fairly basic Sahara I sold at sticker about a month ago finally ended up on a dealers lot for $62k plus a $979 doc fee :flushed:

I have the same plug in my garage(14-50). I use my Tesla mobile charger with a Tesla to j1772 adapter. Charges my 4xe in 2hr 20mins at 32amps. You can also use the adpater at Telsa destination chargers. One of the more cost efficient setups if you already have a nema 14-50 plug. Tesla mobile connector is $200, an adapter is $150 from Lectron. With the additional bonus of use of adapter on the road.

1 Like

Looking for recommendations for a shipper from Virginia to FL for a 4xE. Struck out with Moverjet. Any ideas? Cheers.

Just picked up my rubicon from gupton. Driving back.

19 Likes

Black is not a popular color around here but one thing I can say for sure, it has drawn more attention than any other color I’ve had.

9 Likes

hydro blue with brown interior and doors off… pretty nice look

7 Likes

You’ve never had Billet?

1 Like

try sonic auto transport.

1 Like

I joined that club when I realized the things I liked most about a Jeep could be accomplished with a 10yr old one for $20k vs paying $60k for a new