Random Jeep chatter

You’ve never had Billet?

1 Like

try sonic auto transport.

1 Like

I joined that club when I realized the things I liked most about a Jeep could be accomplished with a 10yr old one for $20k vs paying $60k for a new

Indeed. I took this beast off roading for the first time this weekend with my kids and we had a blast.

18 Likes

Finally got a VIN!

7 Likes

For NYC and Westchester folks, Con Edison’s smart charge program now supports the Wrangler 4xe which can basically make your charging free or even earn $$.

4 Likes

I’d like to know why mine got moved when I posted a similar picture. @Qbrozen

I’ll get to it. I’m not here constantly.

So for this, I’d need the adapter and connector?

Yes the Tesla mobile connector is sold on Tesla website for $200. Many companies make Tesla to J1772 adapters. Lectron has one for $150. All in $350 plus tax. It is nice to have a Tesla to J1772 adapter you can use on the road.

You can get a more permanent J1772 wall mount unit. Popular unit is Grizzl-E for $460. Plugs into 14-50 plug.

2 Likes

has anyone been able to find out the information in the new tax bill about the credits for the electrification improvements in the home? i can’t seem to locate any solid info on whats included in there.

It looks like the 30% cost may be back available through the end of 22 for installing a bi-directional evse.

I havent had much luck actually finding any though.

1 Like

I have 2 4xe - one with the dual top group and one with the SOT.

Advantages of the hard top:
*marginally quieter than the others;
*flip up rear glass, rear wiper and washer;
*easy enough to remove 2 front freedom panels for a sunroof like experience;
*more secure than soft top;
*pretty much watertight and mostly air tight

Disadvantages of hard top:
*going to need 2 people to remove and install unless you get some type of hoist system;
*not easy to store;
*inconvenient to install/remove more than once per year;
*can’t put on in emergency rain;
*extra cost

Advantages of removable soft top:
*easy and quick to flip open and shut in sunrider position;
*can fold back all the way, but have to remove rear side and back windows;
*no extra cost
*easier to store if want to remove
*one person can easily install/remove

disadvantages of removable soft top:
*Not as secure,
*takes extra steps to remove back windows to fold completely down or remove;
*unless you have a very high garage it requires too much height to open and close in the garage;
*not as weather-tight;
*have to deal with half your cargo loading height taken up by window bar;
*plastic can scratch;
*not as durable;
*more noisy

Advantages to SOT:
*all electric convenience
*can remove rear side windows if desired
*no need for additional storage of extra parts

Disadvantages to SOT:
*extra cost
*can’t get full open air experience
*possible failure after warranty
*more likely to leak
*noisiest of all options in my opinion

I drive the soft top and the wife drives the SOT because she hates manual labor hahaha.

3 Likes

Asking for people’s input:

I ordered a 4xe out of state so did the e-sign on the contracts. Everything was good and 2 days later was able to download all the docs with all parties signed. A day later, FM texted that he accidentally deleted my file and asks me to e-sign again. I told him I can send you my downloaded docs, he says they need me to e-sign to be coded. I asked what’s the catch and what guarantees do I have that it’s the same contract? No response.

The 4xe is good to go as the logistics peronnel contacted me. Am I obligated to e-sign again? Do they have a right not to release the car for shipping?

In most lease contracts their is a paragraph saying you agree to re-sign should their be an error. I guess you’ll find out soon enough though.

Sounds like they are trying to pull one over on you though…see if everything matches the first set of docs?

Why can’t you just compare your copies to the new one?

5 Likes

He/she could’ve been insulted or annoyed that you had asked the question. Why not receive the new documents and compare with the old, prior to attempting to be difficult…?

Been waiting for my plates/tags over a month and reached out to the dealership without a response at this point. any idea where to turn to next? Have new plates ready to be picked up for a different vehicle and possible to switch exisitng plates to new vehicle pending new plates? Problably not im assuming.

This is one of the challenges ordering out of state and being reliant on the DMV/RMV runner service. Depending where you live it can be a long wait. It’s the worst for our state of MA where you can’t drive on temps either.

1 Like

Which dealer ? You can transfer plates depending on the state.