Ram TRX spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

Was yours the snazzberry?

1 Like

Yes! Picked up the Snazzberry and my brother picked up the Tuscadero right in front of it.

2 Likes

Alright, I feel like I’m asking something that must have been asked and answered before, but, for the life of me, I can’t recall. Maybe I just never paid attention because I never thought it would apply to me.

Here’s the query: Which is better if reselling but you also need to keep your DTI low because you have a 4xe on the way - big cap cost reduction or a full one-pay? Or is neither helpful? I would do one-pay BUT does selling it then involve CCAP refunding me? Or do they provide a buyout that is RV minus prepaid interest? Is it safer just to do a big CCR since that would reduce buyout while not involving pre-paying interest?

Are you in a state that taxes monthly or upfront?

Interest isn’t pre-paid on a one pay. They earn rent charge monthly, so that’s not an issue. Your buy out will increase each month as the monthly rent charge is earned.

1 Like

NJ - up front.

Ok, so buyout is RV minus unearned rent charge. That’s good. I think one-pay maybe makes sense … as long as that would help with the 4xe, which I’d also do one-pay on.

1 Like

today was Day 11 on mine since it arrived in PA.

I was thinking that mine was somewhere around the same timing as yours. I’m not sure if I should take that as a tease of hope or not…lol.

Are you picking up or shipping?

sucks - you’ve just been eating 11 days worth of MMR drops on the trx…

Without knowing trims, it is really tough to tell for sure. If I average out the 7 non-orange sales the first week of Jan and the most recent 7 non-orange sales, it looks to be about $4k less. BUT, for all we know, there could have been 2 base models the first week and 4 base models this most recent week, which would skew the results. Orange ones have been holding steady, which is about the only consistent we can judge by.

I’m pretty sure those were base trucks. They were the ones getting built first anyway. That said, unless you’re selling directly into auction, nobody will pay you over mmr for your truck, even if it is loaded up with level 2.

1 Like

$4k less on the trx? We looking at 82-83k ?

Oh, of course. I never expect over MMR. Hell, I’m doing backflips when they actually match MMR.

1 Like

Like we are discussing above, it is really tough to know for sure. If you want to look at the lows only, as in base models, the bottom of the barrel was $87.2k on 1/14, $88.6k on 1/20, and $89.5k on 1/28. So one could interpret an actual price increase over the past few weeks. But, with such a small sample size, good luck convincing a buyer that is true.

Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed they go up and we get the added bonus of enjoying the supercharger a little longer.

Adj MMR on a white Level 1 that is currently for sale at their Minn location is $93.5k. I’d be very happy to get $90k. BUT… I still have to sit on it waiting for plates, so none of this matters for a couple of months. Biting my nails till then!

Please transfer to trx thread.

1 Like

Thanks. Got lost between the threads. Fixed now.

1 Like

@Qbrozen be sure to share photos! :+1:

Would you mind sharing the numbers? Congratulations!

Other than for the sake of curiosity, looking at the numbers on that truck is sort of pointless. January’s numbers are essentially now dead, the MSRP has seen several price increases, and that deal is no longer possible with that dealership (at this time anyway).