Ram 2500 Laramie w/ Sport Package - $670/m and $9k DAS

Worked a deal out for an HD truck which are notoriously horrible to lease. However, when you have a family member who is stuck on a vehicle no matter how irrational it may be, you polish the turd as much as you can. That said, the plan is to purchase the truck at the end of lease, which explains the DAS and term. The LH Calculator shows $679, yet the deal is $670, so close enough all things considered. P.S. The link for truck below is for reference on a near-identical vehicle at a different dealership, the only differences are the running boards and full center console on the one we got. :slight_smile:

TRUCK

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4
Lender: US Bank
MSRP: $69,135
Monthly Payment: $670 tax-in @ 7%
Drive-Off Amount: $9k
Months: 48
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: .00160
Residual: 47%
Incentives: Dealer Applied Discounts
Region: SouthEast (FL)
Leasehackr Score: 7.4
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

Hopefully, we can gather more data points on HD trucks as it’s like shopping on the darkweb with little to no relevant information easily available. Edmunds has no information and dealers seem to be all over the board with numbers.

Wow this is bad. But you already know it

$9k drive off--------big yikes!
Everything about this sucks: the term is too long, the residual is worse than an AMG or even Porsche, and the MF is sky high. Seriously consider passing on this…i’d add this to the worse leases thread
If you total the truck tomorrow, that money is gone for good.

Payment goes up to $869 if you do nothing but first payment due at signing
Leasehackr score drops from literally 7.4 to 7.3 that’s it
On other brands this typically causes a much larger difference

MUCH BETTER OPTION!

1 Like

Only saving $1200 with the $9k down, I’d do zero DAS, then if this thing meets it’s untimely demise on a snowy off ramp, the family member wont’ be out the $9k

Seems like a longer term on purchase might work out cheaper, but it looks like little to no rebates? Everything about these trucks is kind of crap as far as longevity and the emissions can be a PIA too. Other than the engine(minus emission issues), I’d expect everything to fall apart and break.

1 Like

I’m not sure I follow the logic here.

1 Like

Why not finance it for 72 or 84 months? The 48 month term is pissing money away if goal is to own it at the end…

4 Likes

I agree. There’s almost no sense or logic in this lease, and it’s likely a candidate for the worst leases thread.

Family member likes cheaper payments and understands the risk of loss. Florida doesn’t have snow or emissions and we have plenty of gear heads in the family that maintenance/repairs aren’t a concern. Again, this is in no way a LH worthy deal, merely providing real data for those just as stubborn.

1 Like

Given the crap residual, have they considered buying gently used?

Priced out a Sierra HD denali similar for far less and a 10k higher sticker. Worth a look.

3 Likes

Sorry wrong reference, park in a low laying area and a hurricane/tropical depression rolls in and floods it

2 Likes

Definitely check out other 3/4 ton options, Ram is the same old truck with a new front end and new dash.

1 Like

Yes, but unfortunately they wanted the 12” navigation screen and new body style… I know.

One of those Mopar for life types, additionally it had to be a diesel and capable of easily towing 20k lbs. We have a 40ft Formula Boat that goes to our Keys house a lot.

Wow, a grand a month for a Chrysler pickup truck?

Yikes…

2 Likes

Have you considered financing a slightly used/CPO truck for much less? Total cost of the lease is over 40k, you can own a used one for slightly more.

Here are some data points. Total discount off MSRP should at least be 20%.

New body style came in 2019 or 2020 hence the 2018s much lower in value.

1 Like

I like the new front end but I’ll agree, the reliability issues with the ram are no joke, haven’t seen the numbers on the new bodystyle but I would expect similar issues.

I think this deal is already signed

1 Like

This is the biggest waste of money (if signed) I have ever seen (besides the honda accord for 350 w/ 9k das).

My neighbor has the previous gen 3500 diesel and it’s had tons of problems, from the get go. His wife has a truck camper and tows a small trailer and it’s stranded them several times, I’m not impressed.