Worst leases you've seen

I think that’s the same woman who posted it for lease transfer on the Audi Club North America Facebook page sometime last year. She got pummeled about the insane price, went on the attack, it got nasty then she deleted the post. I remember thinking why on earth would you pay $60k to lease a car for 3 years when the full MSRP is in the 80s?

Also why does a $1k incentive drive up the payment from a claimed $1575 to $1817? And if the original payment is $1575 as claimed in the text why is it listed as 1625 in the grid?? I’m guessing it’s hers til the end of the term.

And of course now you can get your very own brand new lot rock eTron for $520/mo.

3 Likes

Is this the Corona virus free post?

4 Likes

Can I say it? I’m going to say it… Aston Martin Vantage territory :rofl: $1500+… :man_facepalming:

1 Like

You’re paying extra because it’s

Man they got smoked on that deal, all the boat payments! :speedboat::speedboat::speedboat::speedboat:

" You know how you sit at the dealership in the Finance Dept and get suckered into EVERY SINGLE WARRANTY? I did that! "

2 Likes

$2034 per month

1 Like

I will give credit to OP for knowing that it’s a bad deal. Unfortunately they were unable to talk their family member off of the ledge.

2 Likes

That is probably the best deal for that truck.

In general, a bad deal.

1 Like

I needed eye-bleach after that post. Don’t think its a 36m lease but still

That listing is pretty epic, usually there’s never that much detail.

1 Like

You beat me to it, I was going to cross-post here since it definitely qualifies, but as @volvo1 mentioned, it is the dumbest yet best deal for these types of trucks. We took delivery this afternoon and just got back from the road-trip. I have to add that the dealer is covering the first 3 payments and first 3 services. So at least it came with some lube :wink: Didn’t get a chance to edit my original post before it was locked.

5 Likes

Because you’re a Chinese foreign exchange student with no social security number. That’s how Evan Paul Motorcars makes money by the boatloads.

Evan Paul drives a Veyron Vitesse for a reason.

1 Like

Honestly. Chinese students will literally buy a nice car, use it while they get their degree, and dump it on visa expiration.

Not the case at UCI.

They all have a daily car, but most have a huracan, 570, aventador, 488, etc.

Very very common for UCI students to do a no social lease on an exotic while they’re in the US. It’s crazy what they pay, but hey if you have that much money then go for it.

But what I was saying was the lease program that was outlined above is specifically a no-social lease which explains the crappy terms.

Primarily because Chinese are having a hard time getting money out of China. We have a Chinese salesperson that sells cars to anyone that is anyone in the SoCal Chinese community. He crushed it last year but has been struggling this year and has had a ton of backed out orders.

I’ve seen both, a mixture of daily driving M level cars, and The aforementioned exotic + daily combo at UCs, penn state and UPenn has a lot more of the first from what I’ve seen.

My cousin does one of those student assistance admission things for mainlanders at a UC I don’t want to name. He talks about how one of his customers gets suckered into a massive payment on an exotic, because it’s cheaper than at home, an A4 is mercy money in the U.S. I saw a 2014 Mercedes s63 asking 100k usd in Taipei.

100% agree, Covid brought up a lot of sars memories in the Asian community, anything from Taiwan to Thailand.

Not to get off topic (oh well) but Hong Kong loosing SAR status from the U.S will limit money leaving China, because laundering via Macau can only do so much. I have a hunch that mainland money is going to dry up soon. We won’t be seeing mainlanders taking fat, 3rd home, need a car in Cali, leases in the U.S anytime soon.

1 Like

Just got a quote on a 19 RS5
87k msrp
36/15

Lol

1 Like

wow tell them your gonna grab an AM Vantage instead.

I just recently got a quote for a Hyundai sonata limited
msrp 34500
36/15 for 500 a month 2k down lol…

i can get a bmw 330 for all that…

1 Like

No a 5 series. Well stretching it, but yeah.

2 Likes

i did down play it lol i could do a 5 series