Q50 Red Sport in GA - What am I doing wrong?

I’ve been looking for one also in GA and can’t even get them under 590 either

A lot of the deals have VPP included as well which is an additional $1500 discount

I’m an ex-Q50 owner. I don’t understand the appeal of this car in this market. In 2015 sure. But today? No. Literally every other luxury sedan is superior. Look at the S4, there are decent deals to be found lately (although I think MF shot up this month so maybe wait for “Season of Audi” next month).

And the residual has gotten do bad these aren’t even great lease deals lately.

1 Like

Yes I’m coming from a s4 actually. They are leasing terrible now not worth it for the price these dealers want now

You are going to hate the Q50 coming from an Audi. Absolutely hate it. Don’t be blinded by the 400hp. The car is so antiquated you’ll regret it. I actually went from a Q50 to an A4 last month. World of difference (and last month there were smoking deals on the A4).

2 Likes

Just search q50 Red Sport here, and you can see how many of these guys got unicorns…
And for inventory, I am trying to compromise on color, and get the last 2018 in my area, as that is probably what they are trying to get rid off most.

Timing may be an issue, just surprised it is that much of a difference…

What would be an acceptable dealer discount in such a car?

I am coming from a 2013 C350. I know its not as good as a Merc or Audi, but I prefer investing money than spending $700-$800 a month for a car. So $450 would be reasonable and still not drive a Kia.

Look for a q50 3.0 or a loaner C300

Do you even have VPP? If not you’re short $1500 right off the bat. Also RV dropped from last month. 48% is bad. Additionally, the idea that there’s only few left in your area doesn’t necessarily mean you get a better deal, quite the opposite, they might think they’re sitting on gold because nobody else has one left

Not going the same mistake twice. I had repairs under warranty of +$11k on it. Especially that the new ones are even cheaper bult, I mean hey, look at the QX30 ‘Mercedes’. The Q50 3.0 was only $30 cheaper, so that’s not and option.

That is what I am so shocked about. +$200 on monthly and not even a VPP. I am trying to understand if leasing in GA has anything to do with it? Tax and such…

taxation on new leases used to be a factor in GA until 2018, now it’s the same as most other states.

I spend $411/month on a very well equipped Audi. I put nothing down. You don’t need an Infiniti to get a great deal.

That’s a good car, but I would like to stay with a 6cly, and +300hp. So than I would be looking at the S4, and that is about $800/mo.
And there are at least 5 threads of people here who have done what I am looking for, so patience is key I think :wink:
Thanks!

Useful to know. Thanks!

I’ll let you know if I find something even close to $400ish

Check out Swapalease. There are several Red Sport (Q50 and Q60) in your price range.

You’re clearly not looking in the right places if that’s your S4 quote or if your Q50 3.0 quote was only $30 less than $577 with $1,500 DAS.

1 Like

And that is why I came to the forum, asking about what am I missing here. So far, the only response I got is that August deals were better.
For a S3 I received the attached +$800/mo with 1500 down quote.
So again, what am I doing wrong? Should I just go into the dealer and show them the threads on the forum? All the dealers want to see paperwork from other places and don’t care what someone says they got. Should I first negotiate buying price and only after tell them I would like to lease for that price?
What am I missing guys, I am clearly a newbie, I’ll give you that.