Q50 Red Sport in GA - What am I doing wrong?

I’ll let you know if I find something even close to $400ish

Check out Swapalease. There are several Red Sport (Q50 and Q60) in your price range.

You’re clearly not looking in the right places if that’s your S4 quote or if your Q50 3.0 quote was only $30 less than $577 with $1,500 DAS.

1 Like

And that is why I came to the forum, asking about what am I missing here. So far, the only response I got is that August deals were better.
For a S3 I received the attached +$800/mo with 1500 down quote.
So again, what am I doing wrong? Should I just go into the dealer and show them the threads on the forum? All the dealers want to see paperwork from other places and don’t care what someone says they got. Should I first negotiate buying price and only after tell them I would like to lease for that price?
What am I missing guys, I am clearly a newbie, I’ll give you that.

No, definitely don’t do that. You’ll need to cast a wider net and get quotes from multiple dealers (and potentially be willing to go out of state). Be upfront that you are leasing as finance vs. lease incentives can differ. Find out the MF/RVs on the specific Edmunds threads. I suggest reading all of the info in the Leasing 101 tab on this site so you have a good base of knowledge about all the different terms that will come up.

1 Like

I got a quote for a $61k S4 for $750/month 15k miles with zero down. I can give you the dealer information if you like. It’s not great, but it’s a hell of a lot better than you are getting.

Thank Jamie! Yeah, I did the 101 and have the MF/RV from Edmunds, but the dealers are still not getting close to the price of that, when I use the calculator. I am in no rush, still have not sold my car, and also have a weekend driver. So I will just keep looking and keep checking in with dealers.
If there is any further tips any of you all can give me, like the ones above, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

1 Like

On A3’s and S3’s the residuals are absolute trash, that will kill any deal. I paid $360 with 0 down on my 2016 A3, now they want about $470. You can get A4’s for cheaper than an A3, and the reason is the residual. And just so your aware, a new A4 is the same 0-60 than a Q50 3.0 and not to mention on a much superior Quattro system.

2 Likes

No only are the residuals down 2% from last month, but dealers also have much less of 2018s left. They dont really need to discount as much as they know they will probably find the right sucker to pay more. I suggest you start hitting other dealerships who have the car u like and start working on them. It should give you a better idea and also wait till after mid month or preferably end of month to pull trigger.

1 Like

It sounds like you’re off to a good start then and you’re willing to do the legwork…I think your next steps from here are to definitely expand your search radius and start working those dealerships via phone/email. However, like many others have said, it’ll be almost impossible to replicate those past Q50 RS deals due to residual drops and timing in general.

I like my 18’ Q50 RS although I’m not a fan of the interior overall. Piano black around the console is so scratch worthy. Love the power and exterior look although I have the carbon fiber package and Black sport grille as well. I got a fully loaded one back in Feb for 49k with 15k miles a year.

I had to go outside Cali for my deal.

S4 leases cheaper than that. Forget the S3, residual is garbage. S4 is a cheaper lease.

Also, Q50 leases are not what they used to be because the residual has been lowered on them.

See if you can find a left over 2018 Q50 Hybrid. It’s 360hp, okay fuel economy and dealers give them away. In August I was quoted $0 down and $399/month with tax for a $52k sticker car. I didn’t take it because I never loved my Q50 and didn’t want another one. My A4 “only” has 190hp but honestly it feels just as powerful as my 330hp Q50.

I used to focus on engine size too, but in 2018 automakers have become so adept at making very quick, small output 4 cylinders that it doesn’t matter as much as it used to. A base 2018 Audi or Benz is quicker than many exotics if the 80s and 90s.

And don’t get me started on fuel economy. I averaged 15 MPG on my Q50 on mostly city driving. On a RS you’ll be lucky to average 12-13.

Yea, good call on the 6 cylinder if you are looking for power. Manufacturers have done excellent things with 4 cylinder turbos, but low end torque is lacking. I’ll be in the market for a q50 red sport or the G70 next year.

My very first quote on a 60K msrp q50 red sport was $602 including tax with 0 down. $11,800 Off and barely meeting the 1% rule but still meeting it.
I’m going to see if we can get payments closer to $500 and really consider a res sport over a $47k luxe or sport for $400 or less

Basically look for 10% off BEFORE the lease incentives. you won’t get red sport for 400-$450 any more but 500-550 could be had at the lower msrp and if you push hard enough for bigger discounts. $587 with 1500 down is a joke. that’s basically $625 per months on a 56k car. You’re not too far off though. another 3k-5k off and your payments are in the 500s with 0 zero down.

Awesome, thank you! I will check this out immediately! :slight_smile:

2019 Infiniti Red Sport. (with VPP) $1,072 drive off, $405 per month (including tax) for 39 months.

Residual $28,597
Money factor: 0.003

Is this a good deal?

What is the MSRP and the sale price?

MSRP is $51,995
Selling Price $42,474.18

I would say it is a good deal …