Purchase price different from lease SP and other lease issues

There’s no reason to work with a dealer that frustrates you

1 Like

One of the things that is taught on LH is to shoot the dealer, the deal that you are willing to do before talking numbers or getting their “first pencil”.

It isn’t supposed to be rolled in, it can be rolled in if you structure your deal that way. Perhaps your last few leases had it that way because the GM of the dealer did it that way. Perhaps it’s a new SM / GM that doesn’t do it that way unless asked.

Their are pros / cons to rolling it in that are tied to your personal risk / reward tolerance. If you’d like it rolled in then structure it that way and see if a different dealer will do your deal.

1 Like

Typically, you won’t see a full breakdown until you sign the papers. I don’t think the Traverse is leasing well right now. Check out the Highlander and CX-9. They were leasing very well just 2-3 weeks ago

Thanks! I’m coming out of a cx9 because it’s too small. Highlander was also priced too high. Maybe my expectations are off.

1 Like

Highlander isn’t much better than the cx9 space wise, but is a great value.

Did you mean @BMWPros ?

2 Likes

Could be me they’re referring to. Personally not a fan of all this boogeyman talk about dealers. There are a lot of trash salesmen out there that 1. Don’t know what they’re talking about
2. Don’t know what they’re talking about

And

1. Are garbage at their job.

Georgia dealers will advertise doc fee is included in the online price. If you bring that up to them they should remove that number off the price of the car. It won’t be removed as a line item though.

With regards to charging acquisition fee and other fees…I quote all my deals as Doc fee, acquisition fee, taxes, and first payment due at signing. If you choose to tell me you want to only do first payment after that I’d be happy to quote it like that. It’s not illegal to have those fees paid up front though.

4 Likes

@Kctham18 Thanks for the assist!

@BMWPros - yes, I was thinking of you, couldn’t remember your name off the top of my head.

Ok y’all— here’s the latest I’ve been offered. Good deal or wait it out? Also carvana or vroom for selling my current car? Reviews seem to be mixed.

Thanks again!

How does it compare to the target deal you put together before reaching out to any more dealers?

Looks great, you should sign immediately!

My target was $350/m

What pre-incentive discount was required to get you there?

$4000 in rebates and and discount off msrp

What pre-incentive discount percentage did you use when putting together you target offer to get to that $350/mo number?

Tbh I just played around with the calculator and selling price til I got the monthly payment I wanted and then emailed sales managers until I got a sheet that was close to what I was seeing on the calculator.

I knew what a good selling price was for the car and did the research to see what others were paying.

Now I just have to sell my other car to carvana. Has anyone sold to them recently?

Rather than just make stuff up as you go, it’s much better to base your targets on actual data. There’s a reason we recommend the process that we do.

I did a few weeks ago

You can search the forum and find the Carvana experiences thread.

2 Likes

Effective $455/mo is pretty steep for a fairly base Traverse 10k lease IMO. Did you verify that the dealer’s numbers and base MF work out to this payment/DAS? ~5% off is pretty mediocre in normal times but these are not normal times. Maybe target some demos?

Did you research all trims of this vehicle and also other comparable vehicles? GMF often does weird things with MF/RV/rebates and sometimes a more expensive trim or drivetrain can cost less to lease especially in relation to MSRP. Same for Acadia although it’s a bit smaller than Traverse.