Purchase price different from lease SP and other lease issues

If this is correct, it only applies to a sale and not to a lease. There is absolutely no way you are getting out of the acq fee if a bank charges it to everyone and same with a dealer processing/doc fee.

Go look up previous GA deals in the shared deals sub and I bet they will all have acq and dealer fees.

I absolutely know this is not true. They must be included in advertised pricing (documentation, etc) but acquisition is a fee charged by the bank (not dealer), and gov fees can be excluded from advertised pricing.

So to make it simpler, doc fees must be included in advertised pricing, say a 25k car is advertised to cost 24k, that must include say a 500 doc fee. Otherwise, there are no regulations on limits for GA doc fees or addendum ads. The law only applies for advertising.

This statement is only correct if that sales price were advertised as such for a lease.

:chocolate_bar:

Msrp $36000, selling price $34,720

Again, as I mentioned this source says nothing on that, it specifies on advertised pricing.

Did you negotiate the price/ask for a quote or are you pulling from a website advertisement?

Right. It was advertised as $32,700 but they added on after a $799 doc fee and a $699 acquisition fee. Most dealers on the website say price includes acquisition fee. This dealer’s was not listed on advertised price.

The price on their worksheet was the advertised price, which in my opinion was a good price for the car.

Can you share the dealer sheet and your calculator?

They can charge it, it just has to be included in the advertised price.

Acquisition fee for a lease, are they specifying that? Most disclosures look like the one I included below. Otherwise you can file a complaint

INTERNET SALE PRICE INCLUDES DEALERSHIP DOC FEE. Government fees including tax, tag, title and WRA (Warranty Rights Act) fee are not included. All prices, specifications and availability subject to change without notice. Contact dealer for most current information. Pricing includes all rebates and incentives. Additional equipment shown may be additional cost. Tax, title, license (unless itemized above) are extra. Not available with special finance, lease and some other offers.
Tax, title, license (unless itemized above) are extra. Not available with special finance, lease and some other offers.

I don’t have the dealer sheet but attached is my calculator.

In the future, it’s much easier to just share the link to the calculator from the share your numbers link.

Unfortunately, without the dealer sheet it’s very difficult to identify the discrepancies, other than the lack of dealer fees and acquisition fees.

1 Like

Their fine print says “excludes TAVT, state tax, doc fee and electronic file fee”. So by their own admission, acquisition fee should have been included in advertised price. But the Georgia state website says “The Georgia Attorney General Office’s position is that any other amounts of money that the dealership collects as part of the sale – including, but not limited to, dealer fees, previously installed dealer options, and electronic titling fees – must be included in the advertised price”

It’s incredibly difficult for us to help at all with this without seeing the dealer offer sheet or whatever listing you’re referencing here.

1 Like

Feel free to PM me or Mllcb, a link to the car, or whatever photo of an offer you have from the dealer. I like to help the community that’s given me so much, and Mllcb is a Trusted Hackr. We can analyze in detail such offers in great detail if we can take a peek at them.

1 Like

As a former GA resident I can assure you the captive / bank is allowed & does charge an acquisition fee for leases.

We did have a GA BMW dealer on here who might be able to shed some light on what your thinking of. It was mentioned above, this is a bank fee to initiate a lease and not a dealer fee which is probably why it isn’t mentioned in the legal stuff your referencing.

4 Likes

So the dealer wouldn’t let me take the sheet with me.

I’ve found it incredibly difficult for them to show me any sort of breakdown of numbers. With my previous lease everything was itemized, line by line.

Sounds like it’s time to move on to a new dealer.

I would start that journey by putting together a target deal based on researched comp deals, the lease programs as they apply to you, and the fees that will be part of any properly executed deal. You need to figure out where you actually should be before talking to any other dealers.

3 Likes

I know they charge it but it’s supposed to be rolled in. From reading the law or states any fee that isn’t a government fee is supposed to be included. I would assume that means a bank fee.

I just didn’t have this much discrepancy and secrecy with my last lease so I’m just frustrated.