Pull ahead options?

I have 3 payments left on a 2016 328i @ $553/mo. I am looking to pull ahead into a new lease. Anyone out there who can help get me out early and into a new 24mo lease?

There is no such thing as true pull ahead with BMW currently. Any dealer who says that is just rolling the payments into the new lease.

Typically the consensus say just finish out your lease in these scenarios, but may be worthwhile to jump on one of the ridiculous ‘18 BMW leases available since you won’t find anything remotely similar on ‘19s in 3 months. For example, you can likely get a 2018 330xi under $300/month and the remaining 3 months would add another $70/month to that or just keep both because you are paying for it anyway.

Thank you. I don’t have to roll into a new BMW. Was looking at the Subaru WRX and the Infiniti Q50 awd as some alternatives. Over 24mo term I really just care about keeping total lease cost under/around $8,500 and the 36mo cost under/around $12,500. Do you think that’s doable/can you recommend anyone on this forum I should contact?

Why do you want to roll 3 months of payments in? You’ll also be paying taxes and finance charges on it.

Good point. Ideally would not like to do that. Is it not typical anymore for a new dealer (maybe if a different brand that wants to earn my business) to buy from BMW and resell on their used lot?

Infinitis don’t lease well at 24 months. If you’re set on that term, BMW is your BFF

Pull-ahead programs are tricky. BMWFS keeps changing their policy. Sometimes it’s a conditional 3 months waiver (if the dealer is willing to buy it off the BMWFS books)

If I could lease an infiniti for 3 years at/around $12.5k all in, I would seriously consider as well.

Have you ever driven a wrx? Seems like a hard transition after a bmw

What’s your tax rate? At 9% you’re looking at around $300/month before tax/tags and disp.

If you’re capping 1600 of negative equity into a 24 month lease, that adds almost $70 a month into the new payment. From what you mentioned yesterday, you want to be under $300 a month. With $70 of negative equity, not sure anything would work.

I have 8 months left on a 2018 Passat SE it’s only done 10K miles and I want to get a new lease. Any recommendations?

In order to end your lease early, you would either a) have someone else assume your lease or b) have someone buyout the lease.

Lease Assumption:

Many brands will allow you to transfer out of your lease and assign it to someone else after paying a lease transfer fee and submitting required documentation. Those brands include BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etc.

Some brands will not allow lease transfers at all such as Honda, Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar, Hyundai etc.

A select few brands, such as Audi or Infiniti, allow lease transfers, but keep the original leasee liable. It is generally not recommended to do a transfer as you would remain liable for the car after transfer.

There are some other restrictions that can affect your ability to do a transfer such as remaining months on the lease and regional restrictions. It is best to check with your leasing company by calling them directly.

Once you decide you want to transfer out of your lease, you can post your car for free under LH’s private transfer section:

Alternatively, you can list your car for a fee with www.swapalease.com or www.leasetrader.com which are two large lease transfer marketplaces that have a large user base of people actively looking to assume leases.

Lease Buyout:

You can have a third party buyout the car. In order to do that, you would call your leasing company and get the current “dealer payoff quote” which is the amount of money needed right now to payoff your car which will satisfy your lease agreement. Once you have that number you can take your car to your local Carmax and see what they would offer to buy your car. If the amount is near or above your dealer payoff quote, then you can sell it to them and you would be out of the lease. Alternatively, you can get an online quote from vroom.com or carvana.com who will give you an instant online offer. If you accept the offer, they would come and pick up the car from you and pay you on the spot. Ideally you would get a quote from all sources as they may vary significantly. For more information, please see forum discussions:

For additional information, make sure to check out Leasehacking 101: How to End Your Lease Early

1 Like

If you’re really only driving <5k miles per year, you may want to strongly consider purchasing something used. Rarely does leasing make financial sense with such limited mileage and you can often get something much nicer for less.

For example if your Passat cost $300/mo nothing due at signing 26mos, that’s $10.8k for 10k miles. $1/mi can get you a lot of nice cars :slight_smile: