PPF on a lease?

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on if its worth it to spend a couple thousand on PPF for a lease on a higher end sports car ~150,000 MSRP, to keep it clean and scratch free, or if anyone has done it DIY. Let me know what you think.

Seems like a poor investment to me

4 Likes

I guess I’m only considering it because it’s possible I’d it buy out at the end of the lease if I fall in love with the car.

Sounds like a poor investment to me

9 Likes

An even worse idea than putting $5k of film on someone else’s Car

:bat:

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

There are people here who are against washing their leased cars :grin: I like my cars clean whether bought or leased but like others said it’s definitely a waste of money imo.

2 Likes

The problem with PPF on a lease is - without PPF they’re not going to charge you for rock chips and other light scratches. You’re just spending a ton on someone else’s car when they buy it off lease.

If you really want to buy a 150k sports car, I suggest you don’t lease to buy, you’ll pay more because the RV is likely inflated and you can’t negotiate at the end of the lease.

There are two school of thought on spending that kind of money for a PPF install. I certainly don’t see the point of investing thousands of dollars on my financed cars (of course they’re not 150k either).

But a lot of people would agree with me that most cars are depreciating assets and it doesn’t make sense to sink more money into that. I’ll live with the rock chips and scratches.

Only exception I would make are for collectors cars or really exotic cars, but that doesn’t apply to most of us.

I’d only recommend it if the additional wear and tear protection is more than 1500 over the lease for about 1500-1800. I’m in NY. Use Suntek or Xpel whatever your installer prefers to work with and make sure they have been around for 10+ years and authorized. Stay away from STEK had a horrible experience with one of their installers and the company wouldn’t help when they lost the badges and poorly installed the film even though they were authorized. STEK is overpriced, Xpel is in the middle and Suntek is cheaper and apparently easier to manipulate according to some of the installers I’ve spoken with.

That’s when you make bad decisions about cars

1 Like

Omg deja vu

1 Like

depends on the car, if you are leasing a Lamborghini/mclaren then I would to protect yourself from rock chips… especially if you plan to track it. On most any other car it’s a waste of money.

I can never justify spending 5-6k for ppf not even for $1k

Ceramic coat? Would be cheaper.

I installed PPF on my leases, but I do detail work as a hobby so it was at cost (~$500 for the front end, fenders, mirrors).

I’d second what HersheySweet said and recommend ceramic coating (Modesta BC-08 is my favorite).

yeah I don’t know where 5k came from but that’s not how much ppf usually cost.

Trust me bro there is a lot of people out there who pays 5-6k for it and then later on tries to justify it :joy:

I literally didn’t know what to say… :joy:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: jesus, that guy got ripped off :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Emotionally-driven decisions can not be reasoned with.

1 Like