Potential for Great Deals on Chevy Bolts (again) - $3000 Incentive Offer from Costco

Deal check for Texas. Bolt Ev Premier with $44,130 msrp. Getting tax waiver on one pay, but there is a $344 fee to do so. Will likely get a non-extra cost color to take the price down a little further. Trying to see if I can get them to do 11 or 12% off msrp before incentives, doesn’t appear to be any further room for improvement beyond this.

Thats not bad at all, you’re around $1,000 more than me including the fee (not sure what thats about). There might be a little more room, but not that much.

Thanks for confirming. After checking with progressive, the bolt would be $48more every six months compared to our current 330i. Compared to a civic Type R for example which is $72 less a month on insurance - something to consider when looking at overall costs. I’ve calculated $77 in gas per month is what we spend on 10k miles per year vs $20 a month for the EV, so this still results in $200 savings per month. I was expecting the EV insurance rates to come in close to the civic due to responsible drivers owning EV’s but the high repair costs seem to offset that.

There is $2500 Texas rebate check on this. Ballpark is $130/m before any insurance after $2500 TX check and other savings.

@Economist Thanks for the heads up on the $2500 lease rebate. Just to confirm, I can apply for this as the lessee, the check doesn’t go to Chevy?

I haven’t researched about it. I am not into leasing a Bolt given how cheap is gas but let me know how it goes.
Make sure to look up insurance before you do this, I have read its in north of $200/mo.

Just signed this deal as a Bay Area resident.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Chevy Bolt LT w/Fast Charging, Driver Confidence 1 & 2, Comfort and Convenience
MSRP: $39790
Sales Price: $34000
Monthly Payment: $0
One-Pay Lease: $4450
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.00001
Residual: 53%
Incentives ($11650): $5750 Chevy Lease Cash, $1400 Bay Area Lease Cash, $1500 Lease Loyalty, $3000 Costco
Post Sale Rebates: $800 PGE Utility rebate

Leasehackr score: 35.5 years

5 Likes

I have Costco but I highly doubt I can get remotely close to this in Michigan. Good lord I wish I could because this sort of deal would be perfect for me to get by with during my work at home driving needs

You won’t know til you try

1 Like

Which dealer? @frank_reynolds

:open_mouth: Awesome deal! Is $4450 what you paid due-at-signing? (ie, not including additional PGE rebates which are post-sale?). if so, big CONGRATS to you!

Yep, $4450 is before the PG&E post-sale rebate. This deal may or may not be easily replicable… we have some somewhat unique circumstances which led to us leasing this vehicle from an out of state dealer that we’ll bring back to CA, and they were certainly offering a bigger dealer discount than I saw in the Bay Area.

I wonder if it could make sense to expand upon this going forward and look to lease from dealerships in states where there are bigger dealer discounts and just pay the few hundred bucks to ship the car.

Are you forgoing the 2k California rebate by leasing out of state or did you not qualify anyways?

I’m new here and not hip to all the lingo yet. Can someone explain how this would be free?

You’re definitely going to have to familiarize yourself with how leasing works, in addition to manufacturer and state incentives on these vehicles. If you are looking to get something like this as cheap as possible you need to check all of these boxes in some way or another:

Residence in a state that subsidizes electric vehicles with cash rebates. CA, NJ, NY in particular come to mind but you need to research what your state and locality offer.

A state that offers tax exemptions or breaks. NJ again is a good example, but you need to research your tax rates.

Negotiating a strong pre incentive dealer discount on the car.

Qualifying for all the rebates. Everyone gets $6,750 or $5,750 in lease cash, depending on trim. If you are a Costco member before 9/1 you get $3,000. If you have a leased car in the household (any brand) you get another $1,500. Some localities get an extra incentive (Bay Area CA comes to mind with an extra $1,400).

Mix all that together and you get a very cheap, possibly free electric car if you find dealer willing to give you a big enough discount before incentives.

1 Like

Did not qualify. I’m not sure what the implications are for that program by leasing from an out of state dealership.

For those in Texas, the lessee is eligible for the $2500 rebate. Per a program admin:

The lessor won’t get the grant, the lessee will. Grant amounts are:

If it is purchased or leased for 3 years or more: $2,500

If it is leased for more than two years but less than three years: $1,665

If it is leased for more than a year but less than two years: $832.50

WIth one of the base colors on 10k per year, it drops to $181.36 per mo. With the $2500 rebate it is effectively $111.92 per month.

Believe it or not my friend picked up yesterday Bolt LT at Bridgewater with $260 monthly payment for 36/15. Just first payment DAS. It was not easy negotiation but this is the best He could get. So technicly if he would go with one pay and 10k miles a year total cost would be less than $7k OTD.

Really? Is this after figuring in any post lease incentives or before?

This is before $5k NJ rebate.