Potential for Great Deals on Chevy Bolts (again) - $3000 Incentive Offer from Costco

Costco is offering a $3000 additional incentive for purchase or lease of a new Chevy Bolt. Combined with existing incentives you should be able to get 3 Year / 12k miles leases from the $5-$8k range (maybe less). I dont have a specific deal, but in MD I can get a $38k MSRP LT for $7k. I am sure there are better deals in CA and other states which don’t charge sales tax on the full price of the car or where there are state rebates.

Details:
https://www.costcoauto.com/save/model.aspx?makeid=7&model=bolt

Chevrolet Bolt EV
Limited-Time Special
Available September 1, 2020 - January 4, 2021

Costco members who purchase or lease a new 2020 or 2021 Chevrolet Bolt EV by Jan. 4, 2020, can combine:

• A $3,000 Costco member-only incentive
  • Available Chevrolet Bolt EV incentives for which the member qualifies

1To qualify for the Chevrolet Bolt EV Limited-Time Special, you must: (1) be a current Costco member by August 31, 2020; (2) register with Costco Auto Program online or through its call center to receive a certificate with your unique promotion code; (3) present your certificate and unique promotion code to any Chevrolet dealer at time of visit; (4) take delivery of a new and eligible 2020 or 2021 Chevrolet Bolt EV between September 1, 2020, and January 4, 2021, to receive the $3,000 incentive. Incentive will be applied at time of eligible purchase or lease. This Limited-Time Special is compatible with most publicly available Chevrolet incentives for which you qualify. Incentive cannot be combined with HR Voucher Coupon. Subject to change without notice.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure this ISN’T $3k on top of existing deals. The $3k incentive isn’t a $3k cash card.

2 Likes

It isn’t a Cash Card. “This Limited-Time Special is compatible with most publicly available Chevrolet incentives for which you qualify.” Costco will specifically say when it is a Cash Card, so nearly certain this isn’t one

1 Like

Not a cash card, just an additional rebate of $3,000 to stack with GM offers. Nice find!

1 Like

People about to get free cars in Cali & NJ now :joy:

4 Likes

So this is worthless marketing?

Wonder is this means GM is not doing the Costco Holiday $700 cash card this time?

Updated post to reflect it isnt a cash card. Sorry for the misinformation.

There’s probably some extra incentive dealers can give, but not the entire $3k.

@chevysalesgirl @ethanrs Can either of you give some more info?

2 Likes

The $99 bolt lease is coming to CA and NJ for sure!!
Nice find by OP.

2 Likes

based on the fine print it seems as though the $3k is in addition to existing incentives and you’d get the full $3k. Let’s see how it plays out. I dont think this is all marketing though.

1 Like

@ethanrs just had an $8000 1-pay with tax that didn’t include CVRP. So ~$83/mo with tax, and less if you qualify for CVAP and utility rebates.

September :unicorn::battery::red_car: derecho

5 Likes

$700 cash card deal usually comes on oct 1st (or so). maybe we get both? good question though

Yeah, I guess possible to get both, but would seem unusual. Perhaps someone who can wait until October should do so to see if it comes back!

The problem with @ethanrs deal is that they are one off. We need this to become a reasonably available deal like a certain etron.
So perhaps start with MSRP
add 3k Costco discount, extra 9% dealer discount and then Chevy incentives of
$5750 lease cash

$1500 loyalty

and
.00053 MF and 52% residual

We get around 170 a month or one pay of 7k before any state incentive. With CVRP, CVAP or NJ incentives, the BOLT is indeed the EV car of the masses.

3 Likes

+1400 Bay Area cash (assuming those incentives are still alive)

With the right incentives, this can be $5600 before any post purchase rebates (assuming your numbers above)

How do you get to $83 a month with an $8k one pay? Even if costco is stackable, deal would still be well over $100 per month.

What does the math in NJ look like

Biggest question here is whether Chevy adjusted their incentives accordingly for the new month. If they stayed the same… well apparently I’m allowed a total of 4 rebates within the 10 year NJ program term!

1 Like

I think 9% is going to be tough on these. Dealers don’t have many on the lots to begin with and this additional rebate will allow them to discount less. These are going to be nearly impossible in NJ with our $5000 rebate