Potential for Great Deals on Chevy Bolts (again) - $3000 Incentive Offer from Costco

It sounds like the poster of that thread was getting a check. I think most people here seem to agree that this is a car you are better off leasing instead of buying due to uncertainty in the electric vehicle market, resale value and concerns out of the warranty period.

1 Like

It’s so tempting, but I badly want a car with adaptive cruise control. I’m so jealous of the old 2019 Ioniq deals in NY…

My Volt lease is not up until April, 2021 – I am thinking about getting this and garaging it until April. I feel like I would still come out ahead vs risking losing this deal.

I am being quoted ~$55xx OTD in NorCal, so after $2000 CVRP - $600 Energy rebate = $2900 36/10

What do you guys think? Risk it and wait, or just snatch it up now.

I’d wait until end of year personally. As long as you’re confident those state incentives will be there I don’t think these chevy incentives are going anywhere (and they could get better). Also i’d turn in the volt lease when you pickup the bolt (assuming you don’t need 2 cars) to save on insurance and $400 grounding fee.

See if Carvana, Vroom etc will buy it.

1 Like

ACC is a great feature (and a shame Chevy didn’t include it) but I’d say the Bolt beats the Ioniq in just about every other way.

1 Like

Isn’t the Bolt smaller? The Ioniq is wider and is longer, too, I believe. And the seats are more comfortable. Besides the fact that Hyundai likes to throw in a lot of extras like heated seats, etc. on the base trim.

The Bolt does have longer range and is supposed to have more performance, though.

1 Like

Hindsight is always 20/20. If the value proposition is that compelling now, why not just do it? :slight_smile:

How much cheaper do you expect to get? If you want the car it’s a risk for a few hundred dollars. If you could care less then wait.

NY dealership here willing to work with close to 11% off MSRP (my starting point).
Total Savings is $10,250 (Dealer Cash, Costco, Loyalty)

1. Where does the NYS Drive Clean Rebate get applied? From previous experience, the dealer simply discounts this as well.
  2. Current leasing a Volt, how best to use Leasehackr Calc to factor in remaining payments the dealership will make?

Appreciate all the insights here!

Have you gotten online quotes from Vroom, etc to sell it instead?

@max_g Yes, though a few months ago. Vroom quoted $16,200. The Purchase Price from the Lease Agreement is $17,400. Doesn’t seem worth it to sell private or otherwise.

Inventory shortages have meant used car pricing has been out of whack recently. Might be worth checking again

NYS Drive Clean is applied at point of sale, so dealer will apply the discount. unfortunately, this pushes dealers to be less likely to discount their sales price, so I bet it typically ends up being a wash versus the discount you’d get in a different state. And technically NYS rebate locks you into keeping it for the entire 3 year lease.

Vroom’s latest offer is even less. Will check other vendors but even local, private sale comps at slightly below buyback price

Carvana has been offering more for me usually. Do you have remaining payments, or was it a One Pay? Keep in mind that the dealer payoff will be less, subtract the tax and you get an idea of what the payoff should be.

Man it would be amazing if I can get Caravan or Vroom to take my Volt, but none of the quotes have been favorable. Usually around $16K. My pay off is like $16500 so not in play yet.

How come you guys only recommend Caravan and Vroom and not CarMax?

Hey @ElectricEliminator - thanks for your contributions, helped in the Volt days.

I have remaining payments which the dealer will absorb and add on towards the Total Purchase Price. Was just wondering if there was a simple way to leverage the Leasehackr calc to include those or construct my own.

Easiest way would be to add the total of the remaining payments and disposition fee to the selling price I assume. It would give you a pretty good idea. I’d ask GM Financial for your current buyout price and subtract the tax to get an idea of the dealer payoff. See if Carvana, etc would be enough to pay it off, or see if the dealer would buy it for that even. I was getting offered about $17,000 for mine very recently on Carvana.

1 Like

In general Carmax has been coming in much lower than the others. You can try it if you want, that’s just been the general consensus.

1 Like