Potential for Great Deals on Chevy Bolts (again) - $3000 Incentive Offer from Costco

If current fair market value of your car is greater than the current payoff then you have equity. You never want to blindly buy out a lease without knowing the current fair market value of your vehicle. Might seem like a great price but if you can simply turn it in and buy the same model car in the same condition for 5k less then it would be a dumb move.

Your zip code qualifies. In the future check out New Cars, Buy a New Car | Autobytel.com for that kind of research.

1 Like

So I see a lot of people mentioning this $1400, but I have yet to see it used in a deal. Does anyone know someone has used it successfully? Thanks. My zipcode in Sacramento, not bay area, seems to also have it. 95757

If Iā€™m not mistaken some of those regional incentives show up as dealer cash that they are not obligated to pass along. You may see it reflected in the selling price of the vehicle.

Thank you! This is a great resource!

From your experience, some of incentives have expiration in 9/30/2020, however, they are really ā€œstandard dealsā€ like the $1500 loyalty incentive. Does this mean it will go away by Sept 30th?

On a separate discussion, do you recommend to get the additional ā€œXS Wear Lease Protection Planā€?
Also, is the the additional premium package worth it? I am only interested in lane assistance with blind spots. Have any tried it and think it was actually useful on the Bolt?

It means that there is no guarantee that they will be available beyond that period. They may get better, they may get worse. The only known constant would be Costco, which will expire on 1/1/2021.

Unless you are worried about being very rough and negligent with the vehicle you probably donā€™t need XS wear. My Bolts are the first cars I have had with those safety features. They work fine and while I generally think the extra safety nannies can detract from just being a good driver, I do enjoy having a little extra peace of mind. I have to remind myself when I am driving my Jeep that I donā€™t have them.

Initiated with two bay area dealers, both beginning at 8300 One Pay, for LT w/DCFC. The autobytel site says 4750 (iirc) for down payment assistance, but I assume this is only for a monthly lease term and not a one-pay scenario? Interestingly, the only variance among these two so far is 1 is 1K for 15K miles, the other wants 1.4K for 15K.

(edit: Costco only, I have no loy/conq/supp)

1. Is the $8300 for basic LT + DC Fast Charge + 10k miles/year? What is the MSRP?
  2. Did you add any additional premium package (i.e. XS wear or lane assistance safety package)?
  3. Since you are in bay area, were you not able to get the $1400 additional discount mentioned earlier?
  1. Yes. $38245
  2. No
  3. Inquired, one says heā€™ll look into it tomorrow, one will include it in tomorrows quote, and one hasnā€™t responded to the $1400 inquiry.(edit: last says looking into it, never heard of it)

You try Watsonville? They were doing close to $5k off MSRP a couple weeks ago.

Will givā€™em a spin, wth! Do you think theyā€™d include the $1400 Bay Area CCR? Is that specifically based on MY zip, not theirs? Cheers!

Youā€™re confusing your purchase and lease incentives. Your incentives should be as follows:

$6,750 (Premier) or $5,750 (LT) Lease Cash
$3,000 Costco
$1,500 Lease Loyalty or Lease Conquest
$1,400 Bay Area incentive

GM incentives are tied to the registrantā€™s zip code so I believe that any dealer should be able to apply it if you qualify, but Iā€™d make sure about that with your dealer. Maybe @ethanrs, @chevysalesgirl, etc could clarify that part.

Hi, Iā€™m looking at leasing a Bolt LT and have reached out to a couple of dealers, waiting to hear back currently. Iā€™m in NY and can get a total of $9,250 incentives (unfortunately I didnā€™t have a Costco membership so I lose that $3k), so Iā€™ve asked a couple of dealers if they could go 8% below MSRP.

I had a question more specific about the charging though. From what I read it looks like the bolt only comes with a cord for charging at 120V, is that true? What would it cost to purchase a 220V cord? My commute is only 30 miles round trip everyday, would I be OK if I could just stick with the 120V option? It seems like since it should charge 4 miles/hour, for everyday commuting that should be fine if I plug it in every night. But I was worried about if I drove it an extra 100 miles one day, I wouldnā€™t be able to catch up with charging on only 120V. Unfortunately my work doesnā€™t have any chargers either.

Iā€™m looking at this as a cheaper lease option, but without the Costco incentive, and if I need to pay for a 220V outlet and plug, I donā€™t know if it ends up making sense versus just buying out my current Cruze lease.

As long as you manage your charging it should be doable. Keep in mind that EV charging stations do exist too, so itā€™s not like you have to be tied to home charging. Do you own your home and/or have a driveway or garage with 220v power? If I was you I might look to see when the Costco in Cherry Hill, NJ is having their opening day (seems to be 9/30 but Iā€™m not certain). If you open your membership there you will be grandfathered into the deal and able to get the $3,000 incentive. Even if the other October incentives get worse Iā€™d be shocked if it was a big drop. Youā€™d still come out ahead. Plus Costco is running some pretty good deals on Level 2 chargers at the moment too.

Thanks, nice find with the Cherry Hill Costco. Iā€™ll dig around more to see if I can find anything about an opening date. Also, in the Lease Hackr calculator, are these incentives taxed or untaxed?

In New York State the incentives should be taxed. Iā€™m not totally sure about the Drive Clean Rebate since that comes off the top, you may need to ask someone at the program about that part. Itā€™s technically an incentive for you, not the dealer so I think it is taxed.

Its NY everything is taxed haha. Yes the EV rebate is taxed, unless you make less than 4k a year, you take delivery of the vehicle on the eve of a blood moon, and you pledge your allegiance to lord Coumo.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a great hack

2 Likes

Any idea if I would be required to go to the location physically in person? Itā€™s not super far from me but still about 4 hours away. From Costcoā€™s general online website it looks like you can register for a membership online, but may need to go in store to pick up the cards?