Potential for Great Deals on Chevy Bolts (again) - $3000 Incentive Offer from Costco

Can someone tell me if this is a good deal? :wink:

• PRICE AFTER DISCOUNTS: $28,701

• MSRP: $39,190

• SAVINGS: $10,489

$149+ tax for 36 months. $1950 down + 1st payment, taxes, DMV fees, ACQ fees.

Drive off: $4367
Monthly effective: $167/month

CA REBATE: $2k

Thank you!!

If you qualify for Costco and Loyalty/Conquest then no. Thatā€™s almost no dealer discount at all.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good dealā€¦for the dealer!

:sob::woman_facepalming:t2: oh boy. Thank you for letting me know! Rookie over hereā€¦sigh

Thank you for letting me know!

Which dealership in NorCal? Iā€™d love to try and get my lease there!

If you qualify for Costco and Loyalty that ā€œPrice after discountsā€ should be around $25,000 to be considered a good deal. You need to focus on the pre incentive pricing though, and push for at least 10% off before incentives. If you live in the Bay Area it would be different, thereā€™s an additional $1,400 incentive for those customers.

GM computer will choke if you return it over a year early. I had a Cruze I leased for 24/10k and returned it after 9 months. They sent the car to auction and tried to stick me with the deficiency.

1 Like

Thanks for your guidance on this, I really appreciate it! Glad I walked away from the dealership today first lol

1 Like

Interesting data point.
Can GM really do that? Lease obligation is completion of all payments, disposition fees and overage charges thatā€™s it.
Can they really ask for deficiency?

AHA! You inadvertently answered a burning question I had! LOL!

They left it outstanding bit didnā€™t hit my credit. It is hard to fight because they are really disorganized. When I returned my Volt they overcharged. They said I was over miles at 35900 miles on a 36k mile lease. Someone had noted my account as 35k total miles which is an obvious mistake. I had to call 4x over two months to get the overage removed.

How much does GM provide at end of Lease if we want to purchase back the BOLT? my current 3 yrs lease will expire mid October and am thinking of buying back my Bolt since it only has 23k on mileage.

Have any thought of selling the cars to Carvana or similar online services? I tried them but it seems they require 60 days to expiration of the lease which I already passed.

What is the $1400 discount for CA residents? Is this the different than the $1500 discount for loyal discount?

Would it better to purchase or lease these days?

Thereā€™s an additional $1,400 incentive for Bay Area residents. You would need to verify your zip code to see if you qualify. It stacks with the other available incentives, including loyalty and conquest. This IS a leasing forum so you probably know what we prefer around here. Having a cheap lease under warranty and not having to worry about the likely terrible resale value this will have probably makes leasing the better choice for most.

1 Like

GM will provide you with $0 for your to purchase the Bolt. you would need to pay them the residual value on your contract to purchase it which is likely way higher than the amount you could sell the car for. Turn it in and get a new bolt for $7000 or less (lease) and decide again in 3 years what to do.

1 Like

Unless you like throwing away money. If it really had equity extend your lease a few months and sell it to vroom/carvana.

I canā€™t find online how to check if I qualify for the additional $1400 for Bay area residensts.
My zip code is 94040.

Can you explain what you mean by if the car still has equity left?
Thanks and sorry if it is obvious.

Santa Clara county qualifies for 1400. It is just a select few counties in the Bay Area that qualify for this.