Potential for Great Deals on Chevy Bolts (again) - $3000 Incentive Offer from Costco

Hi mash,

Would you share your dealer?

Hi Jo, PMd

Iā€™ve seen the deals posted by members who got this in NJ. Figuring out the difference between NY & NJ just wanna make sure I have it correct.

NJ is $5000 discount as opposed to NY $2000 (before or after makes any difference?)
NJ doesnā€™t have to pay tax NY does?

Is there any way to have somebody lease this in NJ & transfer over to NY after, or will lose the discounts like that?

In NY you get a $2,000 rebate applied at the point of sale. In NJ you get a $5,000 rebate that the customer must apply for after the sale. NY pays sales tax and NJ does not. GM leases cannot be transferred out of state and even if you could the NJ rebate program requires you to keep the car for three years. You must also reside in NJ for a minimum of two years as well.

Can you clarify about minimum 2 year NJ residency?

Does it mean you have to be a resident for at least 2 years before you sign the lease and get the rebate or that you should reside for 2 more years after the lease is signed.

The reason I ask is someone is planning to get an electric car and waiting till they move to NJ from NY.

You must be an NJ resident at the time of signing the lease, and then you must reside in NJ for an additional 2 years after signing the lease. You must also keep the vehicle for the full 36 month lease term.

3 Likes

Is the $5000 NJ rebate similar to the CVRP rebate in CA? Does it stack with CVAP? Thank you.

Iā€™m not aware of all the workings of the California programs but they are actually administered by the same division (NJ outsourced the job) so I think they are pretty similar. In NJ it is called Charge Up New Jersey.

1 Like

Thank you! Is it possible to get CVAP grant and the NJ rebate together? Iā€™m assuming no since I havenā€™t seen anyone post a deal in NJ who has done both.

I believe that would be impossible to do based on residency requirements alone. Also you canā€™t really register a new vehicle simultaneously in two different states, or reside simultaneously in two different states.

1 Like

Oops I didnā€™t realize the CVAP program was only in California :joy: Thank you for your input!

If someone is doing one pay, why does a credit check need to be done?

You are still driving the Bankā€™s asset. They do a credit check to approve you for the appropriate interest rate and determine whether or not you would be a risk when it comes time to return the vehicle.

2 Likes

Thanks that makes sense. I didnā€™t realize one pay included interest but sounds like it does.

even with one-pay you are only paying a portion of the carā€™s worth. There is still the residual value which you must show you are able to pay in the event you donā€™t return the car.

2 Likes

Years ago I paid cash for a VW and the dealer insisted on a credit checkā€¦

if it was for a purchase (vs. lease) that seems messed up.

1 Like

Unfortunately, they donā€™t always hire the brightest people to work at dealers. Ask me how i know, i worked at two :joy:

1 Like

Get the Oasis Blue color. My wife dropped me off at a store front and then parked along with other 499 cars in a big lot. It only took me one second to scan the entire parking lot to find where the car is parked. Or get the orange colored one, stick a 4 star sticker to the hood and call it a Dragon Ball car.

3 Likes

Saw an Oasis Blue recently and really liked it. Nice choice. A fun color suits the car well and gives it some much needed style. In silver/white/black, it looks any old boring econobox.

1 Like