Potential for Great Deals on Chevy Bolts (again) - $3000 Incentive Offer from Costco

it’s either 8500 or 4750 (plus reduced rate), not stackable

Leases are subsidized via lower MF and higher RV, don’t buy this value in 3 yrs will be about 15K

Thanks for pointing that out! That’s sneaky how they publish vague communication, but the terms explicitly exclude it. In this case, I completely agree, finance is a fool’s errand!

I live in NJ. I am leasing a 2020 Nissan Sentra which I want to get rid of on swapalease. Does that count for the $1500. Any advice on a dealership please?

Yes any lease is fine.

Question for @chevysalesgirl @ethanrs @Miguel.At.Chevy

I know with previous Costco deals you didn’t have to be the membership card holder as long as you lived in the same household. Can you confirm if this is the case for this deal as well? I called the Costco Auto Program number and the rep said it has to be the card holder but she sounded unsure. Also, do you have to be the primary member on the Costco account or can someone just add me to their existing membership as a secondary? Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you @ethanrs! Is that part of the official terms of the current deal? I can’t find that part anywhere on the promotion website. Last thing I want is to get the car and Costco saying I have to pay the $3000 back :joy:

That is a screenshot direct from our GM program guidelines.They won’t take money from you, if anyone got charged back in that scenario it would be the dealership.

But that is direct from General Motors so you’ll be fine

3 Likes

Gotcha! Thank you for the info. I’m still awaiting CVAP approval. Do you think this Bolt deal will be around in a few weeks/months?

How does supplier codes (eg educators ) work for these cars? If I negotiate a particular discount before supplier, how much more (if any) can I expect?

The 3,000 Costco incentive is good until January 4, 2021. The existing GM incentives could change for better or worse after September 30, but usually remain mostly constant.

2 Likes

Norther California

With any supplier discount is the maximum doc fee supposed to be $75 in NJ?

Trying to understand what these terms mean: Unless prohibited by law, dealers will be permitted to assess a maximum of $75 in documentation fees, except in these specific instances:
• A documentation fee is specified in the applicable state law;
AND
• Your dealership charges all customers the same documentation fee (excluding customers purchasing under the GM
Employee, Military, Executive Referral and Dealership Employee Programs)

They don’t explicitly have to charge a 75 dollar doc fee as long as everyone is paying the same fee, which is usually the case at NJ dealerships, somewhere between 300 and 400 dollars in most cases. If they insist on the higher doc fee you should be insisting on a higher discount to offset the fee.

I somehow think that if open costco membership in warehouse which open after 8/31 quality for 3000 incentive. maybe i am wrong, but can u help confirm? thanks

According to the program rules you had to be a Costco member on or before 8/31/20.

3 Likes

ok. thanks for confirm!

What is considered proof of lease to qualify for the $1,500 rebate? Registration, insurance card, and/or lease contract?

Registration is probably the best example, but any of those three could qualify you.

Escape route - get added as an additional member on someone’s membership.

2 Likes