Potential for Great Deals on Chevy Bolts (again) - $3000 Incentive Offer from Costco

How does supplier codes (eg educators ) work for these cars? If I negotiate a particular discount before supplier, how much more (if any) can I expect?

The 3,000 Costco incentive is good until January 4, 2021. The existing GM incentives could change for better or worse after September 30, but usually remain mostly constant.

2 Likes

Norther California

With any supplier discount is the maximum doc fee supposed to be $75 in NJ?

Trying to understand what these terms mean: Unless prohibited by law, dealers will be permitted to assess a maximum of $75 in documentation fees, except in these specific instances:
ā€¢ A documentation fee is specified in the applicable state law;
AND
ā€¢ Your dealership charges all customers the same documentation fee (excluding customers purchasing under the GM
Employee, Military, Executive Referral and Dealership Employee Programs)

They donā€™t explicitly have to charge a 75 dollar doc fee as long as everyone is paying the same fee, which is usually the case at NJ dealerships, somewhere between 300 and 400 dollars in most cases. If they insist on the higher doc fee you should be insisting on a higher discount to offset the fee.

I somehow think that if open costco membership in warehouse which open after 8/31 quality for 3000 incentive. maybe i am wrong, but can u help confirm? thanks

According to the program rules you had to be a Costco member on or before 8/31/20.

3 Likes

ok. thanks for confirm!

What is considered proof of lease to qualify for the $1,500 rebate? Registration, insurance card, and/or lease contract?

Registration is probably the best example, but any of those three could qualify you.

Escape route - get added as an additional member on someoneā€™s membership.

2 Likes

Can insurance card be used? My card doesnā€™t show if a vehicle is leased/financed/owned.

I donā€™t know if I ever used that, but a lease statement should work too. Iā€™ve definitely used that before.

Did someone mention a free 1000$ Chargepoint Card with the Chevy bolt lease? Anyone know is that a dealer specific deal or available across all chevy bolt leases?

I believe that was part of a regional specific program in California.

Itā€™s part of the CA CVAP program, for income-qualified individuals. Doesnā€™t come with the car or dealership.

thanks, will try it soon.

1 Like

I read this too in the internal GM/Costco notice that @ethanrs posted.

Maybe a NJ Chevy dealer can confirm the same language, that it isnā€™t regional.

Are you near a brand new Costco that opened after 8/31?

https://www.costco.com/new-locations.html

3 Likes

Thatā€™s an interesting little loophole I missed!

1 Like

Same here. And I spanked a few Costco detractors (people who told others not to sign up until they needed it) because WHO OPENS A NEW STORE IN A PANDEMIC?

Apparently my beloved Costco does. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes