Polling on reopening threads

Ha, I guess you didn’t see the original thread or the fact he’s asking for advice on another car.

If a lot of people are looting doesn’t mean there is merit to it that they are doing the right thing ? Correct?
A few of the new members running in to such issues are the ones who either have very little knowledge and an attitude that they think they know it all. If you try to help them, they will come back with a sharp snap rather than trying to learn. Obviously then, it leads to discussions like these.

Just like your opinion is towards mods, the mods may have an opinion about influx of new members coming and making the same mistake each and every day. Brokers may have an opinion about new members coming and trying to skim there ways past a broker. So dont just see your side of the picture, it goes from all sides. And if everyone complains, would that really help ?

There is no good ole boys club. You have only been here since last year. If you read some older posts, you will understand that everyone tries to help. Many folks have been here for since the forum was built and have tried to help countless members and continue doing so. Not all but Some threads get derailed purely because like i mention new members who don’t want to learn. Go check the $900 accord Touring, or Pilot thread, or the $10,000 downpayment threads. All of them have one common factor.

What I have noticed, and am probably equally guilty of, is a shortness with people that come here to be spoon-fed rather than to learn. As a community, people that want to learn and find guidance are welcomed with open arms and those that aren’t willing to put in the effort are shut down more quickly. As this community grows, more and more of those people come, so short responses become more common and patience runs thin.

There also are more and more people coming that are used to the moderation styles of websites that are structured more as a place to shoot the breeze rather than as an educational resource. I know when I first came here, it surprised me how much less tolerance there was for discussions going off the rails than I was used to. Ultimately, however, for a resource like this place to work, information needs to be accessible and able to pars through. That requires less crap to sort through, so things get shut down earlier.

5 Likes

Looting is a ridiculous analogy. The issue is that the process for new folks is unclear. I recommend a clear workflow:

1. Don’t want to learn to lease or are in a hurry - use a broker
  2. Want to learn? - do this… ( read the forum?, FAQs)
  3. When hacking a deal, use the [recommended process (to be defined)]
  4. In order to ask for help, you should have followed the process up until step x, then the community will comment and provide guidance.

If there is no process and limited guidance, you’ll get a free for all. It annoys the moderators, makes the members mad, and detracts from the community.

1 Like

No, I didn’t but my post wasn’t about one thread, it was more general.

1 Like

That is already defined and all new members are made aware of this post.

This is not it in the slightest. This is not a process.It only touches on hiring a broker, not hacking an actual deal.

Since there’s obviously too many “trusted hackrs” we need to find a solution.

I propose flying everyone to a location somewhere in the middle of the USA, perhaps somewhere in rural Kansas to have a televised pay-per-view “Hunger Games” style showdown. 24 contestants, only ONE survives. He is now the trusted hackr. Maybe we can make the winner a new tag that says “the chosen one” instead of “trusted hackr”. No more thread closing nonsense. If I had to bet I would say that @Ursus would slightly edge out @mllcb42 and come close to winning, until @jeisensc comes from behind in a clown costume and delivers the final fatal blow. We’ll make so much in revenue from the event Michael will be whipping that 2k per month 600LT lease shortly after.

8 Likes

Actually this entire thread was about that post, which you didn’t read! Although you can’t read it now because the OP ask it be deleted. He implied that he leased a car, which he hadn’t, and now he’s back asking about a different car! Ha!

1 Like

I may have only created a username a year ago, but have read and lurked for longer, but what does that matter anyway, is there a required membership time here?

I guess if you aren’t part of the solution, you are part of the problem?

Criticism is hard to take, but the true professional learns from it and betters themselves.

2 Likes

There’s a difference between getting a good deal and being a mooch.

4 Likes

This Leasehackr2 guy knows whats up! Make him a moderator!

:smile:

I’d just recuse myself from that competition. I had been removed before and survived here, so can live without Trusted status again :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Now I remember why this thread was shut.

But what’s tougher, a killer stabbing clown, or a bear?

1 Like

Depends on the clown tbh

:balloon:?

If that makes the customer a mooch, what does it make the dealer?

Probably can’t say or the post will get land-filled

1 Like

A business.

6 Likes

Im not. What i meant is a small group of people vs your say of “A lot of people are saying the same things”

So you missed out on those threads mentioned and still fail to realize the common factor?

Yes we are aware. We see at as a part of the business but continue helping others and posting. Members also see broker postings as a way to set goals of what they should be trying to go for or get better.

In the end, realize its an internet forum. You always have the choice of reading and just moving on. I cant see the point of going back n forth with someone who isn’t aware of the thread which caused this thread to.be created

2 Likes