Polling on reopening threads

Lease a taco for $88/mo obviously lol, at least that was my vote

I donā€™t think more burden needs to be put on trustedhackrs. While I do agree some threads do get closed early (specially the fun ones) and has happened with me as I was typing a response and it didnt go through :rofl:
I believe trustedhackrs have already been chosen by a majority of voters which is organized once a year by Michael. They are good enough to do the job and that also for free. They are not paid to deal with the mess here.
If an original poster wants a thread opened, they can PM trustedhackrs themselves and decide. I personally have dealt with this a few times and each of them has been pretty fair in all cases.

2 Likes

Every time I see a thread get closed too early (which is frequently), I always think of Jim from the office talking about Dwight having the authority to decide who has to work on weekends and holidays, and Jim said ā€œGod, this is so sad. This is the smallest amount of power Iā€™ve ever seen go to someoneā€™s head.ā€
In spite of that, I enjoy the forum. Nothing can be perfect, and even though threads get closed too quickly, Iā€™d rather that than no forum at all.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know about more burden tbh, a few of the trusted hackrā€™s are hyperactive and start shutting everything down prematurely, there are some that are very rarely seen and then the rest are in between.

I think some of the trusted need to be ā€œprunedā€ and there should be a switch of tags to differentiate from trusted hackrs and moderators. Many ā€œmoderatorsā€ provide questionable or no advice on threads but are good at moderating, while otherā€™s provide great advice but arenā€™t necessarily the most level headed or good at moderating.

3 Likes

+1 to that, god forbid you go slightly off topic or prove a mod wrong, their ego canā€™t handle it. There are some really good trusted hackrs on this site but also some really bad oneā€™s too.

3 Likes

You should request a refund. If itā€™s so bad, choose a different site to frequent.

Also, ā€œonesā€ in this case isnā€™t possessive, so the apostrophe is incorrect. Can your ego handle that?

:bat:

1 Like

That one hit you in the feels huh

Says the guy who wants to argue about loaded and fully loaded while throwing backhanded comments on a signed thread.

Your ego couldnā€™t even handle not being the one who was called out. Lmao

3 Likes

Can your ego handle third ban?

5 Likes

Can your ego handle being called out for giving bad advice on multiple threads and then proceed to stop responding? Or maybe you are like max and throw backhanded jabs because you have nothing to offer on the exotic threads and that emasculated you.

Either way do what you want Iā€™m not gonna be held hostage. The first one was unwarranted and the second one was a product of the first one.

Whatever way you guys want to run this toxic community is up to you, I try to give good advice where I have knowledge instead of demeaning new members and laughing at people who want to drive a specific car.

To each their own, this is my last response. I didnā€™t call out anyone by name and you guys want to call me outā€¦ cute. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

This community is so toxic.

Ha, maybe call this thread trash the trusted hackrā€™s! Donā€™t forget to look at the stats(read time etc)! Some of us see allot more stuff than the casual user, thereā€™s only so many times you can see the same question asked before you snap

2 Likes

Apparently the saga continues, didnā€™t get the first car

3 Likes

Itā€™s ā€œfor a friendā€

Ha, he ignored my comment on the thread. He said he got a Civic, wanted to post pics, never did and then had the post deleted. Now heā€™s shopping an Accordā€¦ Lol, but us mods are jerks. Mmmmā€¦ whoā€™s making stuff upā€¦

4 Likes

He texted me Friday stating that he is cancelling his deal and wants to speak to me. I respectfully declined and told him to enjoy in good health.

4 Likes

1 Like

If a lot of people are saying the same things, do you think there may be some merit to it?

Maybe they are not articulating it properly, maybe it comes across as personal, who knows. who cares.

I would think that maybe this information would be reviewed and maybe revise somethings.

Nothing wrong with evaluating and adjusting.

I too think that SOME mods here are heavy handed, I said it before and Iā€™ll say it again.

I also think that Leasehackr has lost itā€™s way a bit. I wonā€™t elaborate much here, anyone who has been around probably knows, others donā€™t stick around because they are ran off the plantation by mods or the wannabe mods.

And when mods tell people who have complaints to just go somewhere else, well it wonā€™t be long before they all do.

I think @michael and @littleviolette should look at this thread and possibly periodically review the trusted hackers

Also, many forums have specific mods for specific sub forums and they usually moderate based on the sub forum, here any mod can just merge. lock or delete any post or thread.

If you really want to keep leasehackr relevant and enjoyable, listen to your members, and not just the ā€œgood ole boys clubā€

5 Likes

Trust me, very very confusing. I literally tried to help the guy in the first place but it bit me real hard.

Ha, I guess you didnā€™t see the original thread or the fact heā€™s asking for advice on another car.