Polestar 2 Preconfigured Lease Deals

No PP and downgraded to 19 inch rims/all weather tires which helped the ride somewhat. I mean if I want a sports car ride I already have 911 and even on that, the ride is less harsh

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

lol as a Bolt owner (leasee) who has been trying to remedy a suspension/steering squeak for months I know what you mean. When I go over rough road its like a earthquake.

2 Likes

I personally know two people that traded in their Tesla for a Polestar 2, what I am about to say mostly originates from these two previous models 3 owners. I completely agree with you that the range and 0-60 times do not compete with Tesla, but that is not the reason people are getting the Polestar 2. There are a ton of factors Polestar holds over Tesla in my opinion such as build quality, workmanship, materials, technology (exclude self-driving tech), quality of ride, etc. Tesla’s more than minimalistic design from the Model 3 cannot compete with Polestar 2 (less minimalistic design) when it comes down to these things, yes it beats the range and 0-60 but if that’s all you’re looking for in an EV then stick with the model 3. Also let’s not mention exterior design between the two cars lol.

1 Like

There is also 0% up to 60 months financing, which may also make sense. $7,500 on a lease is in the high RV.

Watch “Goliath” season 4 on Amazon.

1 Like

Have you checked the tie rods? Ours had a major squeak/grinding sound since around 5k miles, and it was apparently that. Good old Chevy quality and craftsmanship.

This has become the normal conversation in EVs and it genuinely makes no sense to me.

Why would anyone on earth ever pick a base 911 over a spec’d out Corvette? The Corvette will demolish the 911, yet Porsche sells a ton of car. The 911 has been a top seller for decades, and it’s never been price competitive with other cars that win the spec wars. Design matters. Emotion matters. Porsche has both in spades. So does Polestar.

This car makes me feel something when I look at it, when I get in it, and when I drive it. That is, and will always be, far more important to me than specs, and I know I’m not alone.

I’ve been asked about it so many times already, and I haven’t even had it a week. Cars are cool. They always have been. But not so much with EVs. I’m not interested in fighting a Tesla vs X war. There’s room for a ton of EVs in the market. There has to be, as soon enough EVs will be the only new cars for sale. They can’t all be Tesla, nor should they be. Nobody wants to live in that world.

11 Likes

If i read thru this correctly the 7500$ is added to the RV rather than incentivized as cap cost reduction?

This means they “take” the rebate back if u want to buy the lease out in a sense, no?

2 Likes

I think you might have got yours in the Polestar Marin store same day I got mine. I want to post my deal (potentially a tiny bit stronger since I got a demo unit w/ “true” out of pocket $500 and PMT $649) but seeing a bunch of armchair qb’s makes me nervous. Enjoying it so far?

2 Likes

Post your deal in a new thread. The more the merrier.

3 Likes

I haven’t personally been in a Polestar and I’ve only seen a couple on the roads. But whenever I do I have to take a second look. Compare that to a 20 minute drive where I see no less than 50 model 3s. I’m a fan of the Model 3, but if I had to choose a car I think I’d want a 60-65K Polestar over a 45-50K Model 3.

2 Likes

Yes. Same as everyone else who buys an EV, pockets the incentive, and resells for a profit.

But, of course, in this case, you would only buy at the RV if worth it. If values take a nosedive, you get to walk away.

The Lucid was the best part of Season 4 imo

How is this the same as everyone else? Is this common practice in the lease EV world? Forgive my ignorance if it is. While the OP is getting a fantastic lease term the buy option will likely suffer, I don’t personally love the idea of inflating the RV rather than applying the incentive to adj cap cost.

Yeah, I have to agree. Disappointing final season.

Yes, some brands handle it this way rather than as an itemized incentive. Others just don’t give it at all.

In many states, doing it this way saves the consumer money as the incentives are taxed where as the higher rv is not.

There are pros and cons.

1 Like

This is where VA wins lol

2 Likes

Yes, it is common practice.

But, what I meant was how an individual can buy an EV brand new, pocket the incentive, and resell at a higher price. See the 4xe thread, past Tesla deals where the incentive applied, some past Bolt deals, etc. Mind you, this is much more common now in this crazy market. But, anyway, the bank is buying it, pocketing the incentive, and leasing it to you. Same thing. If the value is lower than the RV at the end, the incentive helps them make up the difference on their books.

1 Like

Yes I understand how all of that works @Qbrozen , I’m no pro lease hacker but am far from an amateur. When I said “everyone” I was specifically thinking of Jeep because I could have sworn the 4xe’s are getting the 7500 as a cap cost reduction, not RV inflation. At least the samples Ive seen in that massive thread were this way. I haven’t seriously considered an EV yet due to my driving needs, so I wasn’t aware most others do it this way. Thanks for explaining!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5