Polestar 2 Preconfigured Lease Deals

The several I have seen, in various colors, are simply stunners…can’t quite put my finger on it, but they’re attention sponges I can’t get my eyes away from. OP, boudior pics would be appreciated. Congrats!

1 Like

I’ll be getting it tinted soon, so I’ll be sure to take better photos than what I have currently.

2 Likes

At $67k, does this include the performance package?

My car has the PP, yes.

3 Likes

I’m a big car guy but somehow am completely unfamiliar with this car (maybe cause it’s a Volvo). But after looking at the specs, especially with the performance pack, it just isn’t even comparable to a Tesla.

That’s the one thing I can’t wrap my head around with other electric cars, maybe it’s cause they’re still near first generation, but Tesla just seems leaps ahead. You said that your Tesla just wasn’t enjoyable. I’d love to hear why if you don’t mind! Only had the chance to drive one once but it was really enjoyable for me.
Either way, this is a great deal and I certainly would be buying one of these if I was in the market!

That largely comes down to what you’re comparing based on. 0-60 times? Don’t disagree. There’s a lot more to a car than 0-60 time though.

3 Likes

I’ve seen that a lot when people talk about performance. If the only metric we are looking at is speed/track times sure, but performance can also be measured for different categories: how well does it perform in terms of comfort, ride quality, build quality, etc.

If you just want to win red light races nothing will do it for cheaper than a Tesla (unless you want to go to 2 wheels)

1 Like

Tesla Model 3 leases terribly…especially with new car values, at least currently, holding their value fairly well.

Shouldn’t be compared.

And, as we all know, MSRPs on EVs are not quite the same as for ICE cars…

Still, in this environment, looks like a good deal for what should be a fun ride.

Congrats OP! Don’t forget the rebates/write offs for home charger installations in LA.

Polestar 2: 249 mile range, 0-60 4.5s, Adaptive cruise and lane keep assist, maxed MSRP: ~68k

Tesla Model 3: 315 mile range, 0-60 3.1s, “Full self driving” (yes I am aware it’s not perfect), maxed MSRP: ~68k

I’m not bashing the Polestar but just saying I don’t understand how people are going for other electric vehicles (ignoring leases) or why other EV’s are so far behind the standards that Tesla is now excelling at. Yes 0-60 would be an important factor when considering a performance pack. Only have a little experience in a Tesla and non in a Polestar which is why I’m wondering why he said he didn’t like the Tesla. I guess interior build quality and maybe a slightly smoother ride is the biggest advantage of the Polestar?

3 Likes

There’s also the ineffable soul of a car, which many would argue Tesla lacks. I imagine a Polestar, especially being a new brand, carries a certain cache among enthusiasts that Tesla no longer does.

Another important data point: Tesla no longer qualifies for the $7500 federal rebate, while Volvo/Polestar does.

1 Like

Perhaps not everyone has spec driven tunnel vision. Specs are valuable in comparisons, but only insofar as they fulfill the intended role of the subject. Grandma’s grocerygetter doesn’t need 3.1 second 60 times, nor does your daughters first car at college. Other qualities also come into play when comparing things, some emotional and even esoteric.

4 Likes

Ride comfort is never talked about here

2 Likes

I got Polestar 2@$507 per month (MSRP $62,400) with $2300 DAS. I am trying to get rid of it as software sucks -no Apple CarPlay (was promised in Q3 2021), Bluetooth often cuts off and no satellite radio, etc
Dynamically the car is good (solid acceleration, brakes, etc) and decent interior quality. But since the car is built on ICE chassis it has weird cross over like proportions and to compensate for height they made the suspension pretty stiff (fine on good roads but done rattling on bad roads). Also, despite the EV motors in rear wheels, you have a dumb legacy ICE transmission tunnel going through the rear seats. And the rear windows do not open completely due to the design.

Stay the shit way and get Mach-E or ID4 AWD

8 Likes

which comes with a boatload of free charging.

Ooof, didn’t consider the $7500 rebate that’s a big one.
0-60 times ignored, the range on a Tesla is still far surpassed other EV’s I’ve seen. Software suite is first class as well, which I think for most people should be a big factor.
I’m really excited to see the Lucid cars but they still aren’t out and they’re 100k.

1 Like

Teslas are also notorious for getting significantly less than their epa rated range, because they perform a different series of tests than other vehicles. While teslas often still do better on real world range than other vehicles, the gap is not nearly as large as it looks on paper.

2 Likes

Sorry OP, didn’t mean to sidetrack your thread, just wanted to get some DP’s on EVs since I would love to try one out one day!

Do you have the PP? I’m curious how well the Ohlins improve things.

1 Like

If it was, none of us would be driving a Bolt.

1 Like

“I’m Earl Schieb, and I’ll drive any Bolt, any color, for $99.95! (a month)”