Polestar 2 Preconfigured Lease Deals

2 Likes

What is the bear’s verdict?

I didn’t take one in the picture - not interested in the Performance pack, so drove a “normal” one.
Very small trunk, the front one is also only good for a purse. No spare. Small rear window and rear headrests don’t fold, so they further reduce visibility. Center console is wide and doesn’t allow for manspreading. Zero storage there - there is a second cup holder under the lid. Didn’t like the synthetic fabric everywhere, I’d rather have more plastic on the doors. Head room is comparable to S60. Rear space probably a little smaller. Drives nicely on 19". Servicing will be done by Volvo dealers who sign up for it. For now they come and pick it up in 150 miles radius.
P.S. And I got a $10 Starbucks card. The other choice was Bloomingdale’s

2 Likes

Deal killer, dad has a thing against no spare tires, and the auto folding rear headrests are my favorite thing on Volvos. Shame…

My 2012 S60 didn’t have a spare, but Volvo brought it back.

I happened to be in Scottsdale this weekend: P* setup in food cort (lol store under construction) and several test drive cars in various configs. The one hipster zoomer working the food court booth was much more entertained by the Tesla bro than the half dozen serious shoppers.

I’ve been following this closely, and have some time, but looks like my XC60 T6 might just end up replaced by an XC60 T8 and call it a lease.

I’m going to grope all the interior choices on both at the LA Auto Show. Kinda digging black cityweave…

+1, got this confirmed from store staff: only purchase will get $7500 fed credit, even though it works for the lease on some other brand.
Polestar will honor it partially with an increased residual, of course much less than $7500.

This is difficult to quantify as no one knows what the rv would be without the credit.

1 Like

You’d need around 13% higher RV on a $60K car for the full $7,500. If it is 65% on 39 months, then we are looking at probably 52% without tax credit. Which is really normal for a Volvo [Polestar].

Agreed with your points. The biggest bugger is the rear seat headrests obstructing about 30% of the rear view. I personally prefer the “vegan” interior with its texture and color contrasts. Fastback’s trunk space is somewhere in between a sedan and a SUV, as one might expect.

For me, the biggest selling point was how FUN it was to drive. Power delivery and handling create an effortless driving experience that is truly unique. I actually look forward to shuttling my kid to grandma’s everyday in a quiet, high performance, understated car.

The other huge positive is Google’s voice recognition and interpretation is so good, I find myself looking for opportunities to talk to it. Call me crazy.

Range and charging speed leaves a little to be desired but if that matters most, there’s Tesla.

5 Likes

I am constantly impressed by the voice recognition in regular Android Auto, but the particular implementation of Android Automotive in the Polestar 2 I think left something to be desired. Twice on my test drive the rep hit the button and said something, it recognized the words perfectly and displayed them on the screen, then failed to take the requested action (I think turning on the heated wheel and playing music). Outside of that the interface was nice, but they only got SiriusXM last week… needs some more time in the oven. Not sure how much of that is on Google and how much is Polestar.

Outside of that, enjoyed driving it. It was interesting comparing to my S60 - main drawback was lack of rear visibility, plus some smaller things (HUD?)

Yes, same here. Compared to my XC60, the Polestar is nearly double the base rate and per mile rate at Metromile. Same exact terms on both cars.

Anyone have any thoughts on the relative comparison between the Polestar 2 and the Mach E? (both in terms of value and driving experience/specs).

As a current owner of PS2, I would say Mach E is a better value car. The Mach E is a much bigger car inside. If you live in a harsher climate prepare to get ~190 miles of range in a PS2.

1 Like

In terms of value, that depends on what you’re after.

Distance on a full charge? Not the biggest D in the game but that’s all it is - furthest distance traveled on a charge amounts to nothing more than a D measuring contest because EVs fully charge overnight so you’re never “empty.” It only matters when you drive more than 200 miles before you have the opportunity to charge. How often does that happen? For long road trips, is a rental an option?

Space? Mach E clearly beats the Polestar because, SUV.

Timeline? Last I checked in October, Mach E deliveries were at least 6 months out.

If you’re after a high performing package with a supremely clean user experience that feels high end, then the Polestar is a strong contender.

If you plan to drive longer hauls with more passengers, Mach E seems like a natural pick.

1 Like

they’re not comparable cars. the PS2 is a model 3 competitor, while the machE is more of a model Y.

Haven’t driven one myself yet but on a podcast I listen to the Polestar was almost unanimously voted their most disappointing car of 2021. Complaint number one being the ride being unnecessarily harsh with no handling or other benefit to justify it.

2 Likes

Get me a super deal on a EV fart car

they are posted on my nissan thread.

I test drove one and I agree with this 100%. I also found the seats very uncomfortable.

3 Likes