Polestar 2 Preconfigured Lease Deals

Yeah, I have to agree. Disappointing final season.

Yes, some brands handle it this way rather than as an itemized incentive. Others just don’t give it at all.

In many states, doing it this way saves the consumer money as the incentives are taxed where as the higher rv is not.

There are pros and cons.

1 Like

This is where VA wins lol

2 Likes

Yes, it is common practice.

But, what I meant was how an individual can buy an EV brand new, pocket the incentive, and resell at a higher price. See the 4xe thread, past Tesla deals where the incentive applied, some past Bolt deals, etc. Mind you, this is much more common now in this crazy market. But, anyway, the bank is buying it, pocketing the incentive, and leasing it to you. Same thing. If the value is lower than the RV at the end, the incentive helps them make up the difference on their books.

1 Like

Yes I understand how all of that works @Qbrozen , I’m no pro lease hacker but am far from an amateur. When I said “everyone” I was specifically thinking of Jeep because I could have sworn the 4xe’s are getting the 7500 as a cap cost reduction, not RV inflation. At least the samples Ive seen in that massive thread were this way. I haven’t seriously considered an EV yet due to my driving needs, so I wasn’t aware most others do it this way. Thanks for explaining!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Where is the CCFR drop from $1500 to $750 documented? I just signed an invoice for an EV that may not be delivered before 11/2 and the dealer included the $1,500 amount.

I checked the CA Clean Fuel program website and there is no mention of a November 2nd decrease in the program amount.

1 Like

@Sayhova and @DC2.0 : It would a great asset to the community if you would be willing to share your numbers on SIGNED! – our first Polestar submissions! If you find it an inconvenience to black out your personal info, we would be happy to do so for you.

Meanwhile, we reached out to Polestar directly regarding their leasing programs. Do you have any questions for them? No guarantee they will answer, but we will try!

2 Likes

I do have a question, is Polestar’s finnancial service independant from VCFS or is it a division. I’m aware the programs are printed identically, etc. but just pondering if they have this legal distinctions amongst the word of Polestar’s IPO.

1 Like

Message me what you want to know. I sell polestar.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss. Can polestr lease be transferred?

1 Like

Why would anyone need to go through a broker to get a Polestar? Enlighten me.

Because most retailers sell them for over msrp??

1 Like

Huh? I say it’s BS. Ordering directly from the website at MSRP means nothing?

As compared to just going to polestar.com and picking one out?

1 Like

The numbers on the configurator online are bs. they don’t line up with actual programs.

Also several people have already reached out and have quotes from retailers, and they’re well over MSRP. I do provide a service here, I promise :slight_smile: Also, as you know, I don’t take any money from clients to provide said service, so there’s clearly a value-add here…

1 Like

Just the lease calculator or the selling price as well?

i couldn’t tell you. the numbers don’t line up. they’re much higher.

Ok, so (in NJ), I pulled up a base dual-motor build, $51,200 MSRP. Tells me 36/10k is $641 with $0 down.

What should it really look like, @aronchi ?