Please keep all your “wanted” ads here - Part 3

Even for demos?

Location? @HondaTLR

I’d bet good money there isn’t a single i4 x40e in loaner that has time enough on the books to offset $8,000 in CCR plus mileage penalty you would need to get there.

2 Likes

NY State (Upstate - Syracuse-Buffalo)

In another thread you said you were considering a 48m QX60 lease because it’s cheaper. TBH that’s a false sense of saving money. You’d have way more equity after making the same 48 payments on a financed Pilot

Fair enough! Thanks

Thank you for the information.
Question: Are lease deals monthly?

Looking for a 24 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude in 07090 36/10k. Ready to buy tomorrow. Have reached out to a few brokers but they either haven’t replied or don’t have access to inventory. Thanks!

Every month the deals change, this one is the best of the last 12 months

Looking to lease:

Ionic 5 SEL RWD 2023 or 2024

Term: 24/12
Zip Code: 34786
Credit Score: 780+

Exterior color: light color (prefer white > gray > blue)
Interior color: any

Thanks

Thank you for the comment. Here is my ‘math,’ and I would appreciate feedback as I have never leased before. The 2025 Honda Pilot EXL was priced at $46K. With $10K down and the current rate (3.9%), the payment would be around $930 (48 months). The total cost of the Pilot would hit $55,000. Let’s keep the Pilot for 9 years and estimate $5k for maintenance/repair/tires. Basically, the total cost of the Pilot would be $60k for 9 years. The residual value of a 9-year-old Pilot would be close to $6-7k, assuming no accidents, etc. If I can get a 3-year lease with a total cost of $20k (effective $555/mo), I may be close to breaking even (yes, I will lose $6K over 9 years, but would have 3 new cars for the same period). What am I missing?

Looking for a 2024 Ioniq 5 24/12

Willing to do one-pay up to:

$6500 for SEL
$8000 for Limited

Located in Northern California

1 Like

Ditto. Same here

It depends on how you look at it.

• Leases are cheaper because you only pay Interest (7%) + Dep on 34% (66% RV)
  • Leases have a hidden ~$2k fee (Acq+Dispo+Fees) that people forget.
  • If you intend to sell you lease at the end of the lease, buying it would give you at least that $2k plus more as you make more payments and a lower Interest Rate
  • If you don’t intend to sell the car and just return it, I would recommend a car with some incentives as well as a lower MF

We should probably start an independent thread in Ask the Hackrs if delving into more detail here but each input should be adjusted.

For example your selling price doesn’t assume enough discount. Should be more like $4-5,000. Check here for starters

Maintenance/repairs: sub $2,000 to extend the warranty via Honda Care and pay nothing for repairs beyond a $50 deductible. Maintenance and tire costs will be ballpark the same for both scenarios so either add to both or leave out of both.

Resale value: is that accurate?

Leases: we will assume no supply chain crises but even without that non-hackable normal leases keep going up with inflation. So assume the $20k one becomes 22 and that becomes 24-25.

Holler was no go?

I emailed, called and left a message, but no reply from that Kelven. I guess that was one time deal. I tried other hyundai dealers around my area but got only ridiculous quotes.

Hi all,

New to leasing in the US market and I’ve been plodding through threads on here.

Looking for a gas powered SUV, have been really keen on a BMW X5 or X7. I’ve not really considered an EV for lack of home charging. Would certainly consider other large/luxury SUVs such as an SQ7 although there’s hardly anything I’ve seen off them at the moment, December looked much better for those.

I’m based in Georgia. I have contacted Insight Auto Consulting (IAC) but haven’t had a response.

Bit of a long shot but all appreciate any thoughts, offers or introductions.

Can you DM us your name and how you contacted?

Done, thanks for the quick reply.

1 Like