Pallisade/Telluride vs the world

Steering can be adjusted in Volvos☝
(at least in my S60)

1 Like

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/9-suvs-with-the-best-third-row-seats

The article is almost a year old though, under $450 seems unlikely.

The rankings on this article are completely out of whack. Sorento has better 3rd row than Telluride? Im not sure what the author was smoking but whatever it was, I’ll take 2 of those too!

I’m sorry man, this is pretty ludicrous. As someone who exhaustively shopped 3 row SUVs for like a year before settling on a used MDX 3 years ago, when I strolled on over to Kia while my car was being serviced at Acura, I was blown away at how the Telluride just checked every box I’d had 3 years ago. The only box it didn’t was power/sportiness, which I’ve grown to care less about in a family car. It was a loaded SX Prestige and it simply destroyed the MDX for a fraction of the price.

It’s got .3 inches more legroom, maybe that’s the metric lol.

There’s speculation the Telluride’s price is so inflated it caused the Golden Ray to capsize.

I accidentally looked at this car and got charged a 1k market addendum for my glance!

13 Likes

Wow that’s a pecker-head thing to say to someone.

1 Like

I actually thought how much I don’t like them, just recently :grin:

3 Likes

From the looks of it they positioned it as a feature that you can only get with the LED light package, I guess to shame the plebs that bought the cheaper trims?

1 Like

I just sold my 8 month old Palisade Limited to Carvana for $45K!! That is $2K more then I paid for it new! It has 5200 miles. I net over $6KI!!!

And I am leasing another Palisade BTW in case anyone is wondering LOL

16 Likes

Man, I need to get an estimate for mine

5 Likes

I know I said I’m done with it, but this is just too funny.

I don’t know what you were shopping, but MDX is barely a 3 row anything. It’s a mid-size SUV with decent cargo space, or it’s a 3 row SUV for hauling kids, no adult will spend any amount of time in MDX 3rd row and still talk to you afterwards. And I drove 2 MDXs for 6 years straight with the first one taking on waaay more miles than I should have on the lease therefore forcing me into the 2nd one.

A brand new platform vs a 7 year old one, and a brand new one was better? No way! Tell me more! If you compared SX Prestige to the old MDX and made a decision that the SX is great based on that, you didn’t do enough research but went with an immediate emotional response.

And you basically bought it at its lowest point and probably through connections seeing how limiteds were never really discounted, and sold it at its highest point due to the current state of used car market and going to pretend that it’s an attribute of Palisade’s greatness and not a messed up market situation? The only time I saw more cult like behavior is in Tesla, wonder how Hyundai of all brands managed this.

I just sold my 8 month old Palisade Limited to Carvana for $45K!! That is $2K more then I paid for it new! It has 5200 miles. I net over $6KI!!!

Dude, you need to relax. I think this is insane for any car, thus my 15 exclamation marks in my post. If you would stop and take a breath for a minute you would realize the intent of my post was to show that despite you being sure that this car is a piece of crap the market vehemently disagrees with you and therefore you are in the vast minority, that is all.

9 Likes

Selling price on mine was $38750 before incentives.

Carvana just offered $37658 on my 1.5 year old one with 17000 miles on it.

Need to figure out what my pay off is (can’t just pull it up since I’m in Florida).

2 Likes

Based on the sales numbers of other SUVs the market is not really disagreeing with me. Despite all the hype and pumping all over, neither Palisade nor Telluride are at the front of the market, and it seems that Telluride specifically is having it’s success at the cost of other KIA SUVs. Not sure about Palisade and if it stole sales from SantaFe or something similar.

And again, your number just demonstrates an issue with the used car market, nothing else. Did your limited smell by any chance? Or did you not drive it enough to notice? Did you resort to shoving things into the door seals to stop wind noise and pretend like that’s normal, or are you ok with the whistling sounds that it makes at high speeds, and yes I experienced the wind noise even during test drive.

Yes, some of them suffer from wind noise, many do not. One should test drive before signing and not accept one that whistles or has the wind noise problem.

The interior smell issue is only an issue one some of the limiteds, primarily in the beige color and has been addressed by replacing the headrests on affected vehicles.

1 Like

3 Likes

The Subaru ascent review is …in the video??? I know the length might deter views but it’s worth the watch IMO

2 Likes

Let’s see, they are in short supply, dealerships usually have zero to non on hand, so how do you propose one test drive something that has to be ordered? And why does something as stupid as door seals is still an issue? Kind of goes against the whole standing behind their products that was mentioned higher.

You are making it sound like it was addressed willingly. People took their cars to the dealer with the dealer claiming that there is no smell several times before the headrests were replaced, and some just weren’t. And yes that’s an individual dealer issue, however that all goes back to the brand thing, where the brand allows the dealerships to let’s say unpleasant. All of this goes into an overall “experience” of owning something.