Pallisade/Telluride vs the world

If you had told me 4 years ago people would be lining up to pay over sticker for a Kia…

20 Likes

It’s gray.

2 Likes

Like a wolf.

3 Likes

Forget 4 years ago, I don’t understand it today. KIA and Hyundai did a very smart thing with Telluride and Pallisade with faking short supply and engaging in “influencer marketing”, but the cars are ultimately not worth what they want for them, not by any standard of measurement.

3 Likes

You’re making the mistake of thinking they’re pushing leasing on these. From a purchasing stand point, with the exception of the ridiculous prices some dealers are asking, they blow the competition away in their price bracket.

8 Likes

It appears customers only like supply and demand when it works in their favor, and when it doesn’t the dealership is evil.

5 Likes

Yes, customers customarily like when they get to pay less for something and not more. Wild!

5 Likes

Agree to disagree. I test drove both and they are crap from fit and finish, noise, layout, comfort. They are mediocre offerings with a lot of marketing hype and a bunch of butthurt people defending their choices. If it wasn’t for a fake shortage they would be in a discount bin

2 Likes

For a ~$48k purchase price, what’s better out there?

6 Likes

Depends on what you are looking for and what features are important. Just an overgeneralized 3 row suv for that price range?

A 3-row SUV with surround view AKA bird’s eye camera

2 Likes

The infotainment UX was comically bad. The motor was bland. The front end and back end styling were gorgeous. Doubly so with nightfall trim. The amber drl also stunning in that box shape.

1 Like

And we are back to folding mirror conversation now :). You will dismiss every suv in existence for surround view camera? Then yes hyundai is truly the brand for you.

You could have also used the restarted side view with blinker to disqualify everything. You drive one of those don’t you?

1 Like

A lot of SUVs have surround view cameras at some trim level. For example on the Highlander it’s optional on Limited and standard on Platinum iirc.

How was that some unfair criteria?

You are creating a universe of one with the price to feature lock that you know full we’ll requires different trim levels on different cars. Which leads me to believe that you are actually in the criteria I originally mentioned of people who have palisade or telluride and will defend it.

If you are willing to sacrifice everything for a single feature that’s up to you, as is your choice of cars. To me those cars are garbage not worth the materials they are made of.

I have a palisade. Max does not.

I chose the palisade after looking at everything else on the market and failed to find anything that could compete for a better lease price, much less purchase price. The only near competitor that offered what I wanted for a similar lease price was an xc90, but due to some geometry issues with my shoulders, it doesn’t work.

One of the things that disqualified a lot of the vehicles I looked at was I wanted something with a well performing semi-autonomous driving capability. Beyond that, I wanted a good amount of storage space and a modern quality interior. Not exactly super specific options, other than the semiautonomous driving capabilities.

1 Like

I’m not even going to debate this as there is no real standardized way of comparing them and at the end of the day all of these systems have let’s call them quirks.

My requirements here weren’t that ridiculous. Does the lane follow actually work well enough to follow lanes in the highway at cruising and bumper to bumper speeds and does the acc work well enough to be useful in stop and go traffic without being jarring.

Why do condoms come in different sizes? :thinking:

I’m curious to hear your thoughts on a GV80 since you seem to hate any luxury car that isn’t from a luxury brand…