Pallisade/Telluride vs the world

I know this has gotten way off topic but I just wanted to share my experience/opinion with Hyundai. I owned a 2013 sonata. Bought CPO for a great price at only 1 year old at that time. I owned it 6 years before selling it. Only had one issue and it was resolved by Hyundai without any questions asked, which was a sensor in the trans. They absolutely stand behind their products. The palisade imo looks great but from owning a 2013 sonata they never made a nicer sonata. After all, this comes down to a personal opinion about their brand. Either you love or hate their product.

2 Likes

I’ve been in it, it’s nice. I think you’d be hard pressed to not at least admit the quality. I’ll be interested to hear what you have to say once you try one out.

1 Like

I had a Chevy at some point, so basically a cady :).

Seriously though, I was comparing limited to Elite or whatever the highest honda one was. It’s how the plastic is laid out, what it looks like, etc. I’m not one of those people who’s going to poke at the panels and deduct points for being hard or soft. But if it looks like shit ill say it looks like shit.

The passport and the pilot share almost all their parts from the rear doors forward. The passport just has a truncated rear end and a few minor aesthetic changes. It’s the same vehicle.

It’s like lexus and the rx350 vs the rx350l. Same vehicle but with a 3rd row and a little different sheet metal to accommodate it.

4 Likes

You see the smiley after the comment? Yeesh, lighten up, have a drink, kill a bunny, relax whatever you do to chill. So much serious :slight_smile:

Where is the steering column casing or air vent surrounds in leather option? Not true luxury until you have get those /s

Honda took a massive shit the past 5 years with their product reliability and quality.

I had a new pilot and hated it. Too many transmission lights coming on. Add the fact that it looks like a minivan and is zero-sexy…

2 Likes

Never understood the Passport rehash they did. I’m assuming it’s sucking wind in the market… don’t see any on the road.

As an alternative to a crv, we have been quite happy with it. Didn’t need the 3rd row seating capacity, but wanted more storage capacity, etc. For the $350/mo I pay for it, it’s been good. It just isn’t nearly as nice as the palisade (which I pay more for, as one would expect). My wife is very happy with it.

@Qbrozen I like how you’ve turned my post into this thread, haha. I think this will be a fun thread. :rofl:

2 Likes

My comment wasn’t actually an academic exercise, I’m in the middle of helping someone I know buy a 3-row SUV in the $50k ballpark. Ownership cycle: 6-7 years and less than 50k total miles.

Most of their wants and needs would be satisfied by a Highlander XLE or 2020 MDX Tech, the one thing beyond that they need is a surround view or 360 camera and surprisingly (for me at least) that requires going much higher in the trim ladder for most models.

Other considerations: Reliability is important (as well as the perception of it for resale purposes so most German brands are out). Size and maneuverability of preferably a unibody package so subs and expeditions are out.

Shortlist so far:

Highlander Platinum
Telluride SXP
MDX Advance (2020)
QX60 Signature (2020)

1 Like

That’s my short list and I’m choosing the Highlander Platinum.

2 Likes

Seemed like the best place to split the other thread. :laughing:

17k over on our first Wolf Grey Telluride lol

6 Likes

17k over on a Kia…so many better options at that price point lol. All of that ADM will be lost when they sell it too.

That color is neither very grey, nor does it look like a wolf. Needs more vinyl graphics of wolfs on the side.

My wife just got her driver’s license in the mail (she let it expire during covid), so we’ll be test driving some cars to replace her 18 MDX Tech. She either needs a smaller vehicle or something with surround view since she is constantly banging up the corners. She is very skeptical of the Telluride and the Palisade because of their brand, but I’ve convinced her to test drive them, so we’ll see. Just got back from Tahoe (from San Diego), and the drive with the AcuraSense wasn’t too bad, but I really wished it would stop telling me to grab the steering wheel when I’m already holding on to it. I have to give the steering wheel a tug every 15 seconds.

Then an Ascent.

2 Likes

17k nice!
Its good to see folks rewarding good design, and also birthing unicorns for us.

To me personally, the interior design (both the telluside) are solid (elevated the standard of a mass market 3 row econo CUV could be). The exterior though is a hard pill to swallow. This observation continues on the genesis brand. Exceptionally well designed and kitted interior but the exterior is just not my cup of tea.

Paluride with HDA will go much longer on the highway and is way better than the honda system in general

1 Like