Pallisade/Telluride vs the world

$564 a month for 48 months for a Hyundai?!? This is truly to each their own…

Just for a quick comparison, I pulled up RobinHood’s broker listings, as he’s at least on the east coast and has an Atlas SEL Premium to price compare to. With matching DAS, on a 39 month lease, the Atlas is $569/mo…

It’s not like the competition here is noticeably better in price.

3 Likes

That’s 5 grand total lease price difference, that’s a fair chunk of change to be fair.

Sell it now and buy it back when the discount is bigger, then the new Telluride will be even cheaper. :grinning:

Obviously, I’m comparing monthly outlay with a normalized das. It’s totally disingenuous to look at the total lease cost over different periods and say “this one is $5k cheaper!”

I’m not following your math at all. Based on this link RobinHood's MARCH 2021 Volkswagen Deals | CRAZY SPRING PLANS/DEALS! .00001 MFs on Tiguans! and the included spreadsheet SEL premium is $543 for 39 months with $1389 DAS.

Now I’ll admit that I took a ton of antihistamines today as my allergies are acting up, but I can’t figure out how you normalized the numbers between the two leases to make Palisade make any kind of sense. Are you counting the fact that he’s making out $6k on the current one into it?

Don’t forget tax…

Is the tax included in the Palisade picture? I’m sorry, I’m not familiar with how FL tax works or how much it is and whether that picture has it built into DAS or payment.

I am open to suggestions. Please tell me where I can get a 3 row suv for that price with the following features:

V6
Napa Leather
20” rims
600 watt Harmon system
Wireless carplay
Auto leveling suspension
Every safety feature available
Full LED lighting
Heads up display
Semi autonomous driving
Dual pane panoramic sunroof
Heated and ventilated from AND rear seats
Blind spot cameras when signaling
360 camera
Power folding third row

My quote included 7% tax on the monthly payment. That is how we pay tax here.
There are some other small taxes included in the drive offs.

Ok so your full lease comes out to $29k the Atlas that was somehow dragged in here $23.8 and seems to have most of what you need, I’m not going to sift through configuration point by point. And that’s not counting all other cars in the segment, which I’m not even sure you need the segment as your requirement doesn’t list a functional 3rd row. And out of honest curiosity, why do you need auto-leveling suspension as a mandatory feature?

You completely glossed over my post which is the crux if this entire discussion. There is no car near the price of what I paid that comes with feature list. It isn’t even close. Some of the features of the palisade aren’t even offered on competitor models. I think it is disingenuous of you to attack the car so much however when offered the opportunity to prove there is a better option you cannot or will not do so. You just generally say the car is crap and that is not a compelling argument.

3 Likes

I didn’t gloss anything over. Does anyone need auto-leveling suspension? Most likely not, and when asked what do you need it for, you didn’t answer that either. Do you need a third row to be functional for adults is another valid question that you don’t seem to want to answer. Ventilated rear seats is another one of those features that is very questionable and how often is it used? Do you have 3+ people in the car 90% of the time, or is it 1% of the time? Blind spot camera is literally the most retarted feature in the history of automotive features. Don’t even start with that one. Honda started that BS, and Hyundai decided they needed a gimmick+ version. Does the stereo need to be HK? Or does it need to be 600 Watt?

If you want to compare notes on “disingenuous”, don’t post Hyundai marketing pamphlet and let’s have a conversation on competition with actual needs. You may well be that one 1% of people for whom there is no competition because somehow Hyundai got it exactly right, but somehow I doubt it especially considering the ridiculous premium that they want people to pay for it.

Up to now, the whole Hyundai defense was that it doesn’t lease well, but in purchasing you can’t get anything close. Then you bring in the ridiculous lease numbers, and somehow now it’s compatible in leasing as well?

Most of what you are saying is coditional features and occasional use, while fit and finish (which no matter how you are going to argue is crap on these cars) is permanent. The fact that the engine is while V6 while mated to whatever they used for transmission is pure bland meh and there are turbo 4 bangers that work better even in these applications.

The one feature every review is making fun of as to why does anyone need this pompous slow seat lowering, you are listing as a requirement?

Are you going to stick with this “total lease cost of a shorter lease is cheaper than the total lease cost of a longer lease” nonsense?

The whole point in discussing the Atlas here was to show that the “it doesn’t lease well” argument doesn’t even hold true if you get a good deal and compare it against the competition.

The only vehicle I can come up with that actually challenges this on a lease value perspective is an xc90, but even that is a stretch if you’re comparing vehicles with a usable 3rd row.

Please explain your reasoning. Past the “taxes” you are yet to explain anything coherent. At the end of the day you are out this money no? Normalize it to 39 months so they are the same if it makes you feel better, that will just raise his monthly payment, which the only reason he went with 48 months is to lower monthly. At the end of the day Hyundai financial wants X dollars over the course of the lease, no? The two of you are throwing out features and numbers that support your side, but when challenged it’s non-sense? Brilliant.

I feel like the guy who can’t even spell that heinous insult properly is probably a troll and not worth anyone’s time.

1 Like

Umm, what now?

You’re not challenging anything. You’re saying “a 39 month lease has a total lease cost lower than a 48 month lease”. Would it make sense to bring in a 24 month lease on an x5 and say “wow, look, it’s thousands cheaper than a hyundai!” Of course not.

So let’s put this argument to rest and normalize both to 36 months since I can’t find rv/mf data for 39 months for hyundai that looks accurate (the numbers the lh calculator generates for 36 and 48 months doesn’t match edmunds, so I don’t have reason to think the 39 would).

If we normalize for 36 months, Robinhood’s Atlas has a total lease cost of $22736 at 7.5% sales tax. Caps’ palisade has a total lease cost of $22459 at 7.5% sales tax. Let’s call it a push.

1 Like

.00173 MF and 48% residual is what I can find for Palisade for 48 month. He’s still captive after 36 months, so he has to keep paying. If we are going to start taking assumptions that he’ll be able to sell it, swap it, or whatever, that’s a completely different conversation and requires a crystal ball, but the way it stands, he is signing up to pay 48 months for a grand total of $29k. Now the counter argument is that after 36 or 39 months of any other car, you have to get something else, but again, that’s crystal ball territory and we don’t know what would be happening in the market at that particular point. Technically the proper way to use that VW example would be to extend the VW lease as in add 9 payments to it, so it does wind up a push, but that’s not what’s being contracted, so a pointless argument as well.

Now I looked deeper into features of Palisade

This is basically fake. It’s a mechanical system not an air system, so not exactly what people assume when they think auto leveling. You can read more about this pseudo leveling system elsewhere

All common features

gimmicky at best

And the rest I’ll wait for caps to respond how much does he actually need any of what he listed from Hyundai marketing

The normalized numbers I posted above were applying the 36/12 lease programs to both vehicles, not taking the listed monthlies and multiplying by 36.