Order Placed (And Rates Locked?) 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xE - MSRP $55,525 - $388 DAS and $388/month including WA tax

Test drive happens in the dealer with nearby locations. Dealers with good locations usually do not give good deal…

One of the biggest dealers around me just said, They are not honoring any programs on the 4xe including EP.

how hard are these to offload with ccap or ally? third party transfer or carvana/vroom

Sounds like a typical dealer around here too, they are content to sell a few of these at MSRP or higher versus a ton of them with a big discount.

1 Like

No transfers with CCAP, but you can transfer with Ally.

1 Like

Many will jump on MSRP deals with $7,500 rebate, and dealers know this. They will probably sell every one they have until inventory improves.

2 Likes

Absolutely no doubt about that big bear😁

Florida is absolutely loaded with Wranglers, they are one of the most popular cars around here and dealers can sell everyone of them at top dollar.

3 Likes

It’s good that I can’t (and don’t really want to) sell my S60. Really like Wrangler’s looks, but would hate its ride :grin:

4 Likes

Found a dealership up here in Mass that had a couple in stock and test drove 1 tonight. Below are my very amateurish thoughts based on a 15 min test drive - never owned a wrangler and have only drive to them a few times

Thought the ride was pretty smooth - those 20 inch tires ride pretty nice. I was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting a bit of a rougher ride. Cabin was obviously a little noisy compared to what I’ve owned in the past but didn’t think it was anything outrageous. (Test drive vehicle has the 3 piece hard top)

Found the engine/acceleration to be very peppy in Hybrid mode. Merging onto the highway and stepping on it was surprisingly quick - was very surprised. In e save mode (gas only) obviously it was more wrangler like. But most people who are driving wranglers know they aren’t buying a hellcat. But very impressed with the hybrid/gas combo and thought it was a very smooth transition.

Regen braking - so this is the main reason I drove 45 min to test drive. I heard/read horror stories of regen braking in other hybrids and I was concerned this would be a huge issue. There is a button to turn on “max regen”. The default is for it to be off. When it’s off, I felt no difference when letting off the gas than I do in my Jeep Cherokee. When turning on “max regen” there was def a noticeable “pull up” on the car when I let off the gas. However, after a few minutes of it on, you kind of get used to how to let off the gas gently and so it doesn’t feel as abrupt. So I didn’t think max was too bad and obviously if you keep the max off, then I don’t think it’s any different than a non hybrid.

Anyways - sorry for rambling but those are my thoughts. I still think for the $$, it’s a terrific value of your looking/into the wranglers.

8 Likes

Regen breaking is one of the best features of Tesla, You learn when to let off for a stop light and never have to hit the break,.

I hear you 1000%. Takes a little time to get used to but you almost don’t even need to hit the brakes.

What’s even better than the tesla system are the evs that coast and then engage regen when you press the brakes before engaging the calipers. More efficient and easier to use.

1 Like

Once you get used to one pedal driving, you can’t go back.

1 Like

Proof that research will get you very far!

3 Likes

Thank you for this

Might just pick this up as an extra car LOL

1 Like

That’s an insanely good deal for a Wrangler. Great find!

Thanks will try him. Do you happen to know if he allows out of state residents to come pick up? In ny but will be traveling to GA soon anyway

sent you a pm about this. thanks.

I believe so. Email him.

2 Likes