(OPINION) Some things never change ...GM needs another GOVT bailout .... for the BOLT

Fight nice, boys…:grin:

I always fight clean :slightly_smiling_face:

Yet they still had the #2 best selling BEV last year. Imagine if GM actually tried. Lol

I do like the new title … I will grant you that it is an opinion piece

I do not understand “if GM tried” Are you saying they are not trying to make a profit on BOLT or EV? If so, why is Mary Barra going on about incentives, tax credits, increase in prod etc etc. Cognitive dissonance? Ivory tower speak? at least Tesla strategy and sales tactic leave no doubt …

True he starts clean but after the fight the underwear may have some stains (front and back)

this actually reinforces the thesis. If GM keeps not trying with the BOLT, sooner or later they will either give up or be forced to give up. Like I said, writing on the wall. You don’t beg for subsidies if things are flying off the shelves…

Hey! Who classified this as FUD?

Why do you refer to me as “he” when responding to my post? LOL

yes I forgot. he/she/it …
Sorry I am not up to date on the gender confusion pronouns

I take it this was not about me then.

I am sorry that I used cis-gender-normative pronouns for you. I forgot about your life-long struggle to come out …

edit - everyone it is just a joke. Ursus is a good resource

She needs them. Nobody is buying them as it stands, and they need them in the product mix to keep selling the profitable trucks and SUVs to meet CAFE and CARB standards

I agree with the all electric plan, Audi will step into the game late this year or next with the eTron Quattro SUV 310 battery range.

I love to read all the pros and cons here and both sides actually make sense, depending on one’s perspective.

EV are not for everyone but it would make sense in a multi-cars households who have some interests on the economic numbers or environmental factor. But if look is important, then I fully agree that EV is just not there yet, actually rather unattractive to my eyes to be honest.

For me, I don’t mind about look and as a matter of fact, I drive a pure EV and my wife drives a Volt that we also use for infrequent long distance trips and this combo fullfils our needs just nicely and it’s just our choice.

IMHO, EV and other fuel-alternative technologies are inevitable in the future because natural fossil-based fuel and gas would be depleted over the years, just not sustainable with the growing population in the world (4B in 1974 and 7.6B in 2018 and guess what ??? in 2040 - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population).

If GM or any other car mfg. are not planning and preparing for the future, they are just digging their own grave now, just like Kodak who didn’t keep up with the digital imaging world. EV technology and infrastructure are certaily still immature today but it has to start somewhere, sometime.

Let’s try to look back in the year ~2000 when the digital imaging technology just picked up and we can extrapolate how the new EV world would progress. I still remember my first Kodak 1MP digital camera that I paid over $250 along with 128MB memory cards for more than $120 a piece back in 2001… same pattern and trend for the smart phones when the very first iPhone was introduced in Jan-2007!

Look at where we are now…
History will repeat itself folks, and I am a firm believer…

Thanks. My friend the Bolt is overpriced. It seems GM has given up on manufacturing this in any volume which means they either don’t believe in it or they lose money on each BOLT they make. Selling 2k bolts a month when you sell 200k trucks as well means bolt is all but dead.

Also base bolt is mass is close to $100 a month (since mass residents gets 2500 rebate). Tells you bolt is struggling.

Oh god, don’t even quote the bait and switch masters Quirk.
And still waiting for those actual 0 down, $100/month Bolt leases. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Bolt won’t go anywhere, anytime soon. The increased MPG/zero emissions helps their overall product mix in regard to CAFE and CARB standards. They’ll gladly lose money on the Bolt to make it up on a Silverado.

They also need the bolt for the carb credits. Ca requires them to sell an x amount of cars

First of all never said 0 down actual 100/month.

Second it is not bait switch. I actually went and they had that car. It’s sitting right there on the showroom floor by the sales desk. Of course no-one in their right mind would ever want to buy/lease this atrocity as it has zero options, not even DCFC. But for $125 a month in MA, the bare bones nightfall grey Bolt LT is available if you have a conquest. If you go there today, they will sell it to you. They will also sell you other things such as protection package, upsell you on their Premier etc but with discipline and iron will, BOLT is available for 125 in MA. YOu give them 2.5k DAS and you get 2.5k back from State.

Third. 2500 credit by state needs to be counted as effective price.

Thanks. That is all, vhooloo Drops mike.

If you now live anywhere else, sure, there will be much gnashing of teeth but that is the situation in MA.