(OPINION) Some things never change ...GM needs another GOVT bailout .... for the BOLT

Exactly. All I want is for them to accept this and lose even more money on it, so they can sell more BOLTS. Make sense? In other words, I want GM to become a taxation company, whereby they tax the SUV buyers so they can subsidize the BOLT buyers.

I think the only way to change behavior is hope that gas will go back to $4-5 a gallon

I smell what you’re cooking, but I can’t see that happening…at least for the foreseeable future. They’d be alienating too many people. SUV/CUV and truck sales are their bread and butter. Maybe when they have some more EV offerings, that MAY be an option. The Bolt isn’t for everyone, however. Your suggestion kind of forces a Bolt onto people unless they want to pay a “luxury” tax to drive a CUV/SUV. I know I’d be pissed and move on to the next manufacturer in that case.

Here’s what quirk emailed to one of my spam accounts yesterday:

$1.00/month with only 7,500 OOP.

Of course the link clicks to an ad for a Trax.

I am not saying Quirk doesn’t bait and switch but for the Chevy BOLT they actually had the $125 a month with 2.5k DAS right there on the floor. Of course, they are trying to sell you a Premier but the $125 car does exist.

I won’t “belive” it indeed. Or believe. Lol

1 Like

No needs to tax anyone any money to build EV. Bolt and Volt and other new tech cars are just “must have” R&D costs to prepare for the future. GM would have to plan that budget in their financial plan, budget that will eat their profit margins down but they would have to live with it, like anybody else building EV in the past few years knowing that nobody is making any money with these, including Tesla (which actually would turn profitable in Q3-Q4 per Musk’s recent statement). 15-20 years from now everything would be different when looking back. Simpler and maybe faster than that, just wait for gas to hit the $5/Gal mark and people will ditch their SUV to move toward smaller and more efficient cars, and that time will come, as it has occurred not too long ago back in 2008-2010…