Opinion on Broker Issue

I actually had this happen to me as well this week

Got the in-stock 4xe in October and figured shit, why not order a new one for me and the wife? Flipped my October one almost 4 weeks ago for $58200 and been rocking the beater til new one arrives.

The orders were placed mid-December [confirmed] and the dealer I got it from [went direct to them, no broker] called me to say that their Jeep rep called them asking all sorts of questions about my 2 new orders and that they were under review.

Followed up today and the orders were indeed cancelled. They’re letting me buy an in-transit unsold one instead

2 Likes

Broker should give you money back but it’s also questionable to have 4 orders in 1 year from same manufacturer, especially when you say you are planning on flipping.

FWIW it has been confirmed that the dealer cancelled after Chrysler reached out with questions.

I take that on the surface since there’s plenty of confusion as to what CCAP is doing but it is what it is as this point.

He/She must be following this because the refund will be issued.

I’ll likely place an order with Chapman for one and ignore the 2nd for a flip. Will let you know how it goes!!

1 Like

One was straight off the lot not ordered, well before the 4xE madness hit.

Should add, no VON ever provided

Glad to hear you are being refunded, it only seems fair.

I wonder how far into the process CCAP will cancel an order. If a ship date is given, are you in the clear at that point or could they still cancel on you? I wonder what the threshold is.

My dealer asked if I could be OK with them telling Jeep to go ahead and cancel the order after the rep asked all the questions. They said that the rep told them they are investigating over 600 “dubious” orders in their business center. I can understand them not wanting to get in the middle of any of these problems.

It’s good your broker is giving a refund or at least a credit

1 Like

This is one of the most obvious cases where a refund is owed that I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

I take some responsibility for being greedy…I only really needed one and I dumped my last 4XE since the lease on the ordered ones are significantly less.

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with flipping cars honestly. Isn’t that what Chrysler and the dealers do? If they don’t like it flag you then you can’t do it anymore. In the meantime buy as many as you can…it’s America after all…and you’re not breaking any laws. Not that American business cares about that…

7 Likes

Other than taking cars from others who may really need/want them. The supply is not infinite, as you know.

3 Likes

Glad to see @Bostoncarconcierge is refunding you.

3 Likes

The cars eventually make it back to market, albeit at the expense of the end user by way of raw markup or usurious interest rates (and sometimes both) :cold_face:

:rofl::rofl:…if he only would sell to us NY’ers

I think it’s really odd that Chrysler is choosing this method to deal with flippers. They could just stop 3rd party sales like everyone else.

3 Likes

They may be looking at it as something they can control across the board since ccap doesn’t have a huge monopoly. Going this way also controls people purchasing and people leasing through 3rd party banks.

It’s likely because CCAP is Santander and Chrysler doesn’t have enough leverage to get them to do that. Just a hunch

Unlike say, BMW FS which is a true captive

In all honesty though-

I think they’re trying to stop the multi-orders not because of people profiting, but because production is super challenging right now, and they want to make sure that people who really want the cars and plan to hold them, get their cars.

These are some people’s dream cars and it has to be very hard to watch others get multiples of them while you wait for yours. There are guys in the 392 forums who waited over 300 days for theirs.

I know I’m guilty

2 Likes

A good start would be to say “we are only accepting one order per household” or simply say “we will cancel orders that we suspect are for resale”

1 Like

Looks like they’re trying to stop the bleeding before patching the wound.

1 Like