Opinion on Broker Issue

I heard they are banning with no reinstatement timeline determined.

2 Likes

@Bostoncarconcierge just give them the money back

12 Likes

See you can only get away with saying that because everyone objectively knows thereā€™s no way it is true. You are still a rascal for saying it though :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Rascal like TV edit of Die Hard?

Rofl :rofl: bruh!!

3 Likes

No fault of your own. Due a Refund. Only time I wonā€™t refund is i canā€™t keep my part of the deal, which is delivering the car at the price quoted. Even if thereā€™s a credit issue I refund, usually they just buy it at the lower tier though so no refund needed.

I had an issue recently when the bank flagged a customer on a multi car purchase and I refunded them, thatā€™s not the customers faultā€¦

When I donā€™t refund someone bc they back out I still will credit them on the next order if they decide to buy later. Itā€™s just good business practices although not necessary. Good businesses value customers and want referrals from their friends and family.

16 Likes

Was this order placed with Jeep of Catonsville? :grin:

4 Likes

Thats really kind of you to refund even for a credit issue. Thatā€™s not really a brokers fault.

2 Likes

Clearly 4 or 5 orders in 12 months really is the limit. He had 2 already at the same address and wonder if they would have done just 1 extra? I hope the fee wasnā€™t per car, then I would be asking for it asap. That would be anywhere from $500-800. Jeeeeezus.

Honestly most of those people wind up coming back to me when they get credit up and/or sending referrals. Costs me nothing really and much more to gain from being flexible. Like someone else posted itā€™s usually only a few texts to set these deals up. People tell me when they have 690 credit and thereā€™s always a chance of rejection so I know that going into the deal.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll take a wild guess on this. There are people out there who have tons of newer cars in their household so canceling over a certain amount could ruin long term relationships with those customers. Maybe ccap really thought hard about stopping third party buyouts. Instead of doing that, they decided to review all lease buyouts after the first of the year to see if that household had more orders or are searching the secondary market (used) for sale. This happens in other industries.

They can simply see whom paid off the lease and when within their own database. Carmax, Vroom, etc. as a third party.

They flag the address as suspicious and when more orders start showing up under a short period of time they take action.

2 Likes

JD thrives on instigating

Thatā€™s why I like him

:green_heart:

5 Likes

It was per car, Again my original 4XE was not an order, it was purchased from a dealer. The 4XE order was placed and 6 weeks later my wife settled on a GCL and that order was placed.

If quantity was the determining factor it would seem that the GCL shouldā€™ve been canceled.

My big beef here is the lack of transparency on providing some sorta of proof the order was actually placed and cancelled and the fact that Iā€™m now going to have to hunt another lease for myself.

All orders across all dealers should have been cancelled. Just had this happen this week.

You could put a courtesy order in with us and we can see if it cancels.

4 Likes

Are you saying if your orders havenā€™t been canceled yet then youā€™re in the green?

Just give the poor guy his broker fees back. How many heated pools can you fit in that Boston Mansion?

7 Likes

I want to make sure the accommodations are nice for when you and your family come to visit

Itā€™d be just like Cousin Eddy from Christmas Vacation

9 Likes

I honestly donā€™t know.

1 Like