Is it a good time to get a lease? NO! When will it get better? Nobody knows

While I agree with the general sentiment here, if you want to be an optimist you could take the view that all these higher front end gross deals courtesy of less informed buyers/poor negotiators could open the door for some one offs if you’re willing to cast a wide net and be patient.

technically yes, but for that to happen, there either needs to be a significant influx of inventory or lease support coming to an end, giving a dealer a kick in the ass to move metal. neither are really happening yet.

2 Likes

Before you blow out the candles on your next birthday cake, make a wish.

I take the Path train into the city from Newark and I’ve noticed something odd lately. There’s a whole bunch of new apartment complexes and parking garages in Harrison NJ that are under construction. In one of them in particular I noticed a whole bunch of new BMWs that still had the protective film on the hood, etc. I’m not sure what dealer it is (although I suspect it is BMW of Bloomfield). I’m curious how they ended up having to or wanting to store inventory there when there’s so many places that are short on inventory.

5 Likes

We have a cup now I can die in peace LOL.

1 Like

There’s nothing out there now. :disappointed_relieved:
If you don’t want a bolt…
LH is soo quiet…

1 Like

As Henry Ford was quoted saying " You can hack any car you want, as long as it is a Bolt"

13 Likes

Even the Bolt hacks are pretty pedestrian at the moment from a dealer discount perspective, at least in Jersey.

We as sharks fans will probably have to endure another decade of cup chasing. @sharksfan15

Although it was nice to see ovi and the sharks east finally get one.

2 Likes

Military leadership would never disparage him. He still has plenty of low level folks who follow him and love him.

2 Likes

Could not agree more. I live in Metro Detroit without any connection to A plan, X plan, Z plan pricing…who is a UAW member anymore??? Without the above, forget about a cheap domestic lease.

Alfa Dealers want $1700 DAS and 636.00 per month.

BMW wants $5,000.00 down and 399.00 per month.

Is Covid causing this to happen? Aren’t people working from home? Or, do they need a new car to commute and don’t want to take the cheapest transportation of all: PUBLIC transportation…just wear a mask.

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

Got a family members lease expiring in December (Mercedes GLE). They want the same car.

Do I:

1. Extend the lease.
  2. Get a new lease like every other year.
  3. Change brands.

(Yes I know it’s too early to know for sure, just getting ideas, not looking for definitive answers)

The new GLE was leasing really poorly even before Covid-19

Survey the Marketplace section here in December and you might find a lot more bang for your buck in other brands.

But yeah it’s too early to tell

That might be tough; my understanding is that MBFS is not granting any lease extensions unless you are waiting for delivery on a new MB vehicle.

You’re so right. I laughed so hard at current leases, I went out and paid cash for a well priced used RX to “fill the gap” between now and when companies actually offer decent incentives again.

Depending on the situation, may be worth for @Seby12 to give MBFS a call.

@Seby12 I am in the same boat as you (lease mature in December). I currently drive an E400 wagon and originally was waiting for the E Wagon All-Terrain that will replace the “normal” E wagon.

I called MBFS and told them the All-Terrain won’t come till “late 2020”. What’s my option? They said they I can extend the lease for 1-3 months.

I am curious. Was it leasing poorly due to high MF / low RV?

I actually was looking at the GLE 450 earlier in the year. Seems like a good mid-size SUV, but of course this does not translate to “good lease”.

@HubbaHubba did they mention needing a production number? MBFS told me they need a production number for a car you’ve ordered to extend anything. I’d love to be wrong though

They didn’t, at least when I called.

I suspect it’s because of the model (All Terrain). Even the dealer order form I got in July still have lots of “TBD” in the pricing section.

I actually didn’t know what is a “production number”. LOL! Is this when you special order the vehicle? Or the number that is shown in mbusa.com inventory list as “available upon request”?

On mbusa.com, if you search for inventory, you’ll see a lot of “available upon request”, which mean the dealers don’t have it yet.