Off Topic Landfill

Nice, Cali? (20 char)

Yes, leased the car in NorCal.

Didn’t you just get the same car in May ???

That was for a friend I negotiated. This time it is truly for me, same dealer though.

Kool. Congrats ! That white looks nice

The perfect options. Also nice black kidney grill.

Nice choice of car, with the 6MT. WRX in front yours too?

Yup. WRX lease matures soon. BMW is replacing it.

Was interested but no blind spot on X1 is a deal breaker for me.

That is exactly likely, someone from the dealership is monitoring and I don’t want any of my info… it’s not decided yet whether I am talking to my attorney about this.

Really depends on the next meeting with them.
Take your sarcasm and eat it pal, I don’t care what you think or don’t think, do or don’t do.

Your cryptic little comments are pointless, there are better options blah, blah.

Ok, then go use those options.
I don’t believe anyone is forcing you to watch the thread.

If they are monitoring, then they know it’s you, without contract :smirk:

Then stop posting here until you decide if you’re taking legal action. Everything you have posted here is public, discoverable, and doesn’t help you in the slightest.

None of it is anything, law actually is something I know a little about. Not this particular law, but in general none of this means squat.

Post a real contract, that is another story.

Ok. Trying to help. No worries though.

Tapping out.

1 Like

Nothing is different from when we both agreed I just had to suck it up.

I agree with that. I know better than to trust this much and I cannot believe it either. I really am surprised though by this level of deceit.

The fact remains I like the car very much, I can definitely afford the payments and whatever.

The rest of this is simply, what’s the best way forward in a lousy situation. It could be talking to my attorney, but that is an absolute last resort. At that point, it means a total breakdown of communication and more money out of my pocket just to try and get recognition that this was wrong of them to do.

The best thing is to try and just make this a little better, and forget it ever happened.

I truly understand some of your skepticism. I really do. But, sometimes we make mistakes. Sometimes we don’t do that extra step and check and double check and that’s the moral of the story here.

I don’t really need to be arguing with every single person on leasehackr. It’s pretty much an entirely screwed situation at this point, but I will post the contact with name out after it is over just to give closure to the people who have been watching it.

I’m out too, it’s draining me and I’be mostly already made my peace with this situation.

Thnx for the help given

OP is trolling and that’s obvious now. But in general, for other forum members who read this, remember: you don’t need a lawyer to bring a lawsuit in a case against the dealership. Lawyers charge hundreds of dollars per hour and if they are not certain of outcome they won’t take your case on contingency (unless you work for them and they do it for you as a favor, whereas you can do heavy lifting and the firm will represent you). And they won’t take your case and charge you up upfront either, because if outcome is too uncertain they know it’s not a good business to get thousands of dollars from you and then deliver you nothing. At least good lawyers are like that. But you don’t need a lawyer to sue anyone. All it tales is a court fee, which usually is less than $50 in a District Court and less than $200 in Circuit, but you would most likely want to file it in a DIstrict Court as a Tort and ask Court for compensatory damages. You can google a template online, search State Tresurer’s page for the resident agent and address of the company where you will serve the complaint, file it with clerk of the court (in person or online), pay $6.00 for USPS Certified service to resident agent and then let them defend themselves. The dealership will pay at very least hundreds of dollars to even have their attorney file a Motion to dismiss. Chances are, if you have half wits and put your Complaint in logical fashion, the Court will not dismiss it (just be very truthful and state the facts and count on evidence you can present, such as texts from dealer, his voicemails, any written or recorded conversation, including what you recorded while you were wearing a microphone and tape while that silly dealer thought he is pulling an easy one over you). Then wait for Trial. If you happen to be in favorable to plaintiffs jurisdiction you may get surprisingly good and fair compensation. The worst case scenario, if you don’;t prevail, you can make this a costly mistake for a dealer, for they will have to pay a lawyer to defend themselves, and it does cost them money too. That;s actually a beauty of going Pro Se, you don’t sue them to enrich yourself, you do it as a matter of principle and you don’t care if you win or loose. But they do, it;s their bottom line, and they have huge exposure being a large company with insurance, and you bet whoever screwed you his or her name not only going to figure in a public lawsuit/filing, but will raise some concerns among co-workers and superiors as well.

Idk who you are but you must be Superman if you, a layperson are going to take a case to district court.

In addition, any dealership is going to have an attorney if not a firm on retainer unless it is
“Joe’s RT1 auto sales, buy here pay here!”

Good luck and more power to ya.
I think it is hilarious that you are so convinced I am trolling.

As stated, will post contract after resolution.
Good night.

District Courts are DESIGNED for laypersons to file complaints. If you keep your claim within $5000 limit you don’t even have to worry about Discovery (Interrogatories). Just because lay persons don’t go to District Court and don’t file it doesn’t mean it takes Superman to do it. Anyone can pay a fee of under $50 (most Jurisdictions) and bring a Complaint in District Court. Pro Se. Even if you don’t win, what do you lose? $50 plus $10 you pay to USPS to send Summons via Certified Mail to resident agent of the defendant company. The dealership on the other hand? They will pay hundreds of dollars for ANY type of defense. Even to have a lawyer file Motion to dismiss. And, if lawyers are top notch, that means more money they will have to pay, could cost them thousands just to come to Trial and convince Judge that the case should be dismissed (or, if you have any shred of evidence that they screwed, such as voice on VM and texts on your i-phone, their attorney may contact you and offer a settlement prior to trial). Good luck to all. No scoundrel is above the layman.

1 Like

We don’t call that district court here.
We call that small claims, yes anyone can small claims anything all day.

District court is actual “real” court.
Small claims happens in the district courthouse (usually), but that’s generally not what it is referred to as.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Filing a pro se motion in actual district court, needing a motion and such, that would be a bad idea. Small claims, great idea though. It would not help me however since the value of my claim would be quite a bit higher than that.

Anyway, I was reading my email and saw your post. Jesus I gotta forget about this lol.

Good night Eric.

I don’t know what you call it, but where I am the small claims are filed in District Court, it’s the claim itself which is small (and you select the size of the claim in the DC Form/Application,to which you attach your claim). But that’s not the point. Point is anyone can sue anyone, and it costs under $50, and it’s the dealer who will have to pay hundreds to defend themselves. And if they screwed, and there is an evidence that they have, then it will cost them more than that.