Off Topic Landfill

Just because you know the mf and rv how does that tell you you are getting good deal. How would you know you are getting all the possible dealer money if you don’t check with numerous dealers?

I can’t believe the disservice you did to your clients by not checking with numerous dealers. What if one dealer wants to move a certain car this month and is willing to discount deeper than everyone else. You wouldn’t know that. I think you should refund all your client fees.

3 Likes

lol yes 130 posts and not a single sane soul has agreed with you :joy:

4 Likes

I’m betting that I know more about game theory than you could ever hope to know. Have four volumes on my book shelf. If you were an expert on game theory, it’s doubtful you would be brokering leases for a living.
Still not a big fan of “can you beat this”. And, yes, it is an integral part of game theory that I choose to ignore and not because it’s invalid… it certainly is valid.

You people really need to learn how to read for comprehension. I never ever said I’d be willing to walk away from a deal if it’s a dollar off. I simply contact the dealer and ask them to fix it.

You have no idea what I did. I haven’t published everything I do when negotiating. I do have dealership sources (friends, relatives) and did check with them. But, did not play “can you beat this”. And, they knew it.

keep-going-dont-stop-we-have-nice-show-here-popcorn-meme

4 Likes

Well boo hoo hoo. I’m sooooo sad to hear you say that. I guess I’m wrong and these idiots are all right. Now, go outside and play or, watch Sesame Street like I asked and stop your obsession with me. I’m not your type. Furthermore, my gate doesn’t swing that way and, even if it did, I wouldn’t be passing through.

You started this thread to instigate, show of your spreadsheet skills and relive 1983. What exactly is the point of this thread aside from laughter for everyone on a Sunday morning.

2 Likes

I like the above suggestion. Offer your services for free to the people on this site and school everyone here.

LOL, there you go again, lost it ! See its something that was taught to me as a child… Its called Respect which you confuse with it being an obsession. I refuse to go down that low as you are willing to, to a retired 60-70 year old professor… I simply can’t :slight_smile:

1 Like

Leases don’t amortize, there is no interest on a lease. It is a money factor rent charge. That’s why cash down doesn’t affect a lease. So a chart is a confusing waste of time for clients. Payoff is payments multiplied by 36 minus number of payments made times payments. Add any additional overages. Lease buyout is different, residual plus payments, and if you are suggesting an early buyout to someone you have no business helping anyone with regard to a vehicle transaction. Before everything goes crazy, I wanted to be more specific… (It’s not THAT simple buying out a lease but it’s close w/out getting a buyout… and sometimes you might want to do a buyout and trade if you have equity but lease equity is pretty rare)

1 Like

But don’t you know, that’s the only :100: right way ? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses:

wow… lol. This is entertaining. I think if I ever said anything and this many smart people disagreed with me this much i’d stop and think… hmmm… am I being ridiculous? lol

We’re all dumb or don’t calculate correctly if we don’t buy into him. :grin:

You’re dead wrong. Look at how lease balances are determined in most lease contracts (Honda, FMC, etc.). Of course there is an interest rate implicit in every lease. Ever hear of cash flow analysis, present value, future value? You also stated…

Payoff is payments multiplied by 36 minus number of payments made times payments.”

Makes absolutely no sense. The lease balance is the present value of the remaining payments plus the present value of the residual discounted at the implicit interest rate in the lease. Here’s an example of a lease amortization schedule created by me…

Lease Amortization Schedule

I know the difference between lease balance and lease buyout. I was a practicing actuary for several years in the 70’s and early 80’s.
You need to study up before you engage your mouth because you’re totally clueless.BTW, early buyouts can be a good thing… it depends on several factors.

Ah, smart people? And, you know this how? Have you seen their IQ scores?

Welcome @ChevyPhil and @DeanDealHitmen. You are candidate number 20 something on this thread who is unfortunately… WRONG and know nothing about leasing. :joy:
OP is still waiting for that unicorn member who can agree with him :smirk:

Yes, it’s terrible. But what if English is my L2 (not saying that’s the case)? Then (it is “then”, right?) your statement is just plain dumb since you didn’t even consider that.

Well, if you or anyone else believes Dean’s post about leases not having an interest rate, then you’re all a lot dumber than I thought. . I’ve actually heard that from dealership personnel and I cringe when I ear it. Maybe Dean is just polly parroting what he’s heard from others. He looks very young.

I’ve actually heard that from dealership personnel and I cringe when I ear it.

It’s “hear” not “ear”. Your English grammar is atrocious. If you went to college, you should ask for a refund of your tuition.

Look familiar?

2 Likes